Turn on thread page Beta

Ladies: How young would you go? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    I was with a 22 year old when i was 18, i thought and still think that was an achievement on my part.
    Congratulation, mate. Your medal is on its way

I lost my virginity to a 29-year-old when I was 17. I, of course, received the Victoria Cross for my great effort toward manhood.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and the youngest I'd go for would be 18. Oldest about 24/25.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessw89)
    while there may be some younger but equally mature males out there, its actually a fact that males mentally mature later than females and im yet to find a younger mature guy :/

either way, its irrelavent who i might meet that is more mature as im happly engaged
    Yep it is a fact, but not a definitive rule. Life experience is more important than any biological factor I believe. I've lived on my own for two years and I'm entirely self-sufficient, so I'd like to believe that has coerced me into being more mature than some 21-year-old who still lives at home and lives off his parents - and most girls my age, for that matter.

Although, admittedly, I think I'm considering intellectual maturity and emotional maturity interchangeably. I am rather emotionally immature.

Congrats on being happily engaged btw.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm 26. Would probably go down to 22 at a push.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 and don't like to say with 100% confidence what the youngest I'll go is because you just never know.
    I tend to draw the line at 18 (but did pull a 17 year old at christmas, in my defence didn't know he was 17 at the time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tetrahydro)
    Yep it is a fact, but not a definitive rule. Life experience is more important than any biological factor I believe. I've lived on my own for two years and I'm entirely self-sufficient, so I'd like to believe that has coerced me into being more mature than some 21-year-old who still lives at home and lives off his parents - and most girls my age, for that matter.

Congrats on being happily engaged btw.

i do hope your making a generalisation there as neither me nor my fiance live at home and havent for two years prior to our relationship and i feel its a little unfair to judge without knowing the facts
    if you are making a generalisation then yes fair comment as i dont know any other males that are self sufficient so you would beat them on those stakes, however, living on your own does not mean you are more mature, you may still find toilet humour and embarashing your friends funny or such other immature behaviour whilst those at home may actually be more mature and just simply trying to scrape together a deposit for a house?
    maturity levels differ from one person to another so without getting to know the entire male population i cant honestly say either way, all i can say is that in my experience, younger men are more immature

ReputationRep:
    As far as I see it: women limit themselves to a number to conform to social convention. If other people's opinions didn't come into I don't believe anybody would refuse to be with somebody who is otherwise a suitable partner.

That said, social convention is a good enough reason to do anything. It's the reason for a lot of my actions. This whole maturity delusion does my head in though. You can't gauge how mature a person is until you know them.

ReputationRep:
    i do hope your making a generalisation there as neither me nor my fiance live at home and havent for two years prior to our relationship and i feel its a little unfair to judge without knowing the facts
    if you are making a generalisation then yes fair comment as i dont know any other males that are self sufficient so you would beat them on those stakes, however, living on your own does not mean you are more mature, you may still find toilet humour and embarashing your friends funny or such other immature behaviour whilst those at home may actually be more mature and just simply trying to scrape together a deposit for a house?
    maturity levels differ from one person to another so without getting to know the entire male population i cant honestly say either way, all i can say is that in my experience, younger men are more immature
    Lol, I wasn't referring to you or your fiance. I was generalising. I didn't even know your fiance was 21 (which is what I think you're implying).

You should probably know though that men of all ages (but not all men) find it funny to embarrass their friends and most of us do enjoy toilet humour. That's a matter of gender, not maturity.

ReputationRep:
    i'm 18 and my last boyfriend was 17.
    and a complete knob as it turns out

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25. Must be in their 20s at least now.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I wasn't referring to you or your fiance. I was generalising. I didn't even know your fiance was 21 (which is what I think you're implying).

You should probably know though that men of all ages (but not all men) find it funny to embarrass their friends and most of us do enjoy toilet humour. That's a matter of gender, not maturity.
    Yes he is 21, im 20.
    Again, personally out of my experience, my grow out of that sort of thing? apparently not all of them?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Lowest 58, no upper limit

ReputationRep:
    Yes he is 21, im 20.
    Again, personally out of my experience, my grow out of that sort of thing? apparently not all of them?
    Yep, I find the conversation had, is more or less on the same level, whether I'm at the pub with a group of older lads or with guys my own age. Perhaps we just hide it in front of the ladies better as we get older...

I just hate to think that I'd automatically be written off as a suitable partner purely for the default of my age. This might seem conceited of me, but I genuinely believe I can offer a more intellectually stimulating conversation than most men (of any age). On the other hand, I am aware that emotionally, I have a lot of growing up to do, and this is where I might come unstuck.

ReputationRep:
    Im 18, would (and have) gone for a year younger. Wouldn't go younger than that though at the moment, will matter less in the future I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    generally I wouldn't go younger- in fact I'm reluctant about boys my own age (19)- a lot of them are really clueless and immature even if they mean well.

ReputationRep:
    Attraction is not a choice, within legal reason of course.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I find the conversation had, is more or less on the same level, whether I'm at the pub with a group of older lads or with guys my own age. Perhaps we just hide it in front of the ladies better as we get older...

I just hate to think that I'd automatically be written off as a suitable partner purely for the default of my age. This might seem conceited of me, but I genuinely believe I can offer a more intellectually stimulating conversation than most men (of any age). On the hand, I am aware that emotionally, I have a lot of growing up to do, and this is where I might come unstuck.
    lol, yes perhaps that is what happens.

I do feel I have to be honest and say that purely from the way you are speaking/writing you do seem older.

Oh and that last part, I think that is where a lot of the immaturity stays for the longest, say commitment to a lot of teenage guys or those in their early 20's and they get scared and run away :woo: a bit like that guy

ReputationRep:
    As a guy of 22 I wouldn't go less than say 20 now due to all the immaturity I've been through with younger girls.

ReputationRep:
    As a 19 year old , I would date no less then 18 purely to do with immaturity levels

ReputationRep:
    ahhh older women ....:sogood:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.