Turn on thread page Beta

sore throat??????? watch

ReputationRep:
    hello can anyone tell me what a sore throat might lead to ? as i have a badly sore throat which it hurts when i swallow etc even though it cant be a cold because i havent got runny nose etc. but i seem to go a bit hot and cold sometimes and feel bit passed out !!!!!!!!!????????????:mad:

ReputationRep:
    You mean what can cause it?

Infections: viruses, fungi, bacteria
    Allergies
    Irritations: chemicals, smoking etc

If you've got temperature flushes too, then probably an infection, but with those 2 symptoms alone we can't really say much.

So, as I imagine a lot of people will say: see your GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    You mean what can cause it?

Infections: viruses, fungi, bacteria
    Allergies
    Irritations: chemicals, smoking etc

If you've got temperature flushes too, then probably an infection, but with those 2 symptoms alone we can't really say much.

So, as I imagine a lot of people will say: see your GP.
    thanks for that. and yeah what can cause it and what do you think it is? because it isnt a cold or a flu and iv had it for like 2 days now which i shoulnt need to go to the gp just yet !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcream55)
    thanks for that. and yeah what can cause it and what do you think it is? because it isnt a cold or a flu and iv had it for like 2 days now which i shoulnt need to go to the gp just yet !!!!!!
    I said in the last post what the main causes are.

If you've had it for 2 weeks and you're getting hot/cold flushes, then I would see a doctor about it.

It could be anything from a resin allergy to Glandular Fever knowing only those two symptoms. Your doctor can either question you on other symptoms or run some tests.

ReputationRep:
    i got one too, need to revise no time for doctors

ReputationRep:
    Stop **********ing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    I said in the last post what the main causes are.

If you've had it for 2 weeks and you're getting hot/cold flushes, then I would see a doctor about it.

It could be anything from a resin allergy to Glandular Fever knowing only those two symptoms. Your doctor can either question you on other symptoms or run some tests.
    oh right i see. well i will wait for some time then but it really hurts. what would you take for a sore throat. as i have had sore throat sweets and paracimol!

ReputationRep:
    oh right i see. well i will wait for some time then but it really hurts. what would you take for a sore throat. as i have had sore throat sweets and paracimol!
    Honestly, I'd see the doctor on Monday unless you have an exam on. It might not take too long, and if it's something like Glandular Fever, then it'd be best to know earlier rather than later.

For the sore throat, get the paracetamol you dissolve in water, dissolve it in a large glass and gargle the water in your throat. The usual things like Tunes, Lockets etc help breathing too. Tesco do very good own-brand versions of these on the cheap

ReputationRep:
    thank you thats nice of your. i will bear that in mind !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Which bit of your throat is sore? The bit at the back or is it relatively at the front? Do you cough? If you do, is it a productive cough or a dry cough?

Was the onset quick or did it get worse over a period of time? How much time have you had it for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misogynist)
    Which bit of your throat is sore? The bit at the back or is it relatively at the front? Do you cough? If you do, is it a productive cough or a dry cough?

Was the onset quick or did it get worse over a period of time? How much time have you had it for?
    its the bit at the back that is sore. its when i swallow but when i smoke or anythink like that it doesnt effect me. and no i dont couth at all . even when i yawn it hurts.... urm well iv had it sense yesterday and its gotten a little worse but its normally the same as yesterday ... and iv had it for 2 days now !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    its the bit at the back that is sore. its when i swallow but when i smoke or anythink like that it doesnt effect me. and no i dont couth at all . even when i yawn it hurts.... urm well iv had it sense yesterday and its gotten a little worse but its normally the same as yesterday ... and iv had it for 2 days now !!!!!
    It should go away fairly soon. I'd suggest cutting down on the cigs for the time being. It's going to irritate it further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misogynist)
    It should go away fairly soon. I'd suggest cutting down on the cigs for the time being. It's going to irritate it further.
    hmm thats what i fought. but im cutting down smoking sense iv had it which is a really good thing. so its good really !!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.