Turn on thread page Beta

Ladies, are you scared of getting old? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    I'm not worried about leaving people because everyone dies in the end. What I mean by no longer existing is no longer being able to think, breathe, do things I'd normally do it's kind of a bit hard to grasp. But I do agree with you on the not caring about growing old. I'm old now.

Your profile says that you are 20, I have 17 years on you.:p:

ReputationRep:
    My mum and my nan have aged fairly well so nah i'm not too worried about the looks bit.
    More about the everyone dying and being alone bit :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not worried about getting older but about getting older without having achieved anything.

ReputationRep:
    The vain part of me is but the logical part thinks this whole anti-ageing thing is beyond ridiculous; why do we try to stop an inevitable, natural process? It's totally different from putting make-up on to enchance your beauty-that I can understand! But we are ALL going to get older, what's the point? Aside from not smoking and drinking water, I highly doubt those anti-wrinkle creams work. In fact, my boyfriend's mum has never touched the stuff and she looks younger than she is in numbers. Having said that, I think people should do what makes them feel good.

ReputationRep:
    oh YES!

ReputationRep:
    Isn't everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    No because i look like a 10 year old anyway :pierre:
    I look 11. Wanna hang out?:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunOfABeach)
    I look 11. Wanna hang out?:cool:
    sure, we can play yu gi oh

ReputationRep:
    I'm not worried too much. I think I'll look better with age; I don't always look my age at the moment. As long as I grow old gracefully, I don't mind

ReputationRep:
    Nope i was taught to moisturise from a young age so i have no worries.

Its the ones who start moisturising at 30 who should worry.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Everyone's looks age as they get older... it's inevitable. Luckily my mum is in her 60s now and people still think she's late 40s so if i get those looks (which i appear to have) then life will be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    sure, we can play yu gi oh
    And eat Play-Doh.

No wait, 11 year olds don't eat Play-Doh. Whatever. It tastes good (I don't even know why/how I know this :awesome:).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Not losing my looks, I'm just scared of outliving everyone and being sad and alone
    so true.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely am scared of aging. Of course I wish I could be 20 and look 20 forever. Sigh..

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm scared of the alternative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Your profile says that you are 20, I have 17 years on you.:p:

haha I know I guess what I mean by that is that I'm not getting any younger haha.

ReputationRep:
    No, not about the looks (i look alot younger than my age.. probably have inherited my mums anti-ageing genes )

But im scared about becoming dependant on other people to look after me when im old, id like to things for myself.

ReputationRep:
    YES!!
    I was sat on a bus today and had all old people around me, and I just thought, one day i'm going to look like them, and that just really depressed me. Wrinkles, white hair, saggy skin, bad fashion.

In other ways, i'm scared of leaving my youth behind, its hard to explain, but just the idea of being young is so much better then being old. In your youth, your looking forward to the rest of your life, whereas when your old, your growing closer and closer to death.

I suppose there are some nice things about being old, if you have a nice big house in a pretty village, grandchildren, friends all around you to go to social events blah blah. I used to volunteer in a nursing home, so that used to make me pretty sad. But i'm trying not to think about growing old, ive got a long way off till that happens

ReputationRep:
    nah its all part of life enjoy the young days while u can 2 the max

ReputationRep:
    Why is this addressed only at ladies?

You know women choose men based on looks too :P

Although to be fair men go downhill at a later age

I'd say women look their best between 18 and 28 (generally) and men look their best between 28 and 38

Both have to fear getting old though

In answer to your question, no, by the time we're old surgery will be AMAZING because people are finally clueing on to the fact that people will do anything to look younger, and there's big money to be made

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.