Turn on thread page Beta

January Blues: feeling love starved. Post here and so we feel less alone watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi people.

every January I find myself on a downer. Seriously! If I had to pinpoint the month in which I have lost the most friends in the past, it's probably been January.

This is on account of the fact that I always find myself coming across as angry/bitter/isolated/pessimistic.

Allow me to explain: I love my folks I really do but it seems that when I go home for long periods of time I'm told that, regarding anything from small requests to big ambitions, I'm told that I CAN'T/WON'T/DON'T/SHOULDN'T/MUSTN'T/NEED TO GET A GRIP/NEED TO GROW UP/I'M NIEVE/I'M STUPID/I'M UNABLE ETC ETC ETC.

I'm sure you get the idea.

So in the grand scheme of things I'm fine, I just feel that I need to explain myself because I'm always pretty low this time of the year as a result of the above and then due to how busy/skint people usually are this time of year, it's not the easiest time of year to simply go out, have a laugh and forget. (Hence why I go online so much in a beastly attempt to converse and keep some level of sanity going)

So yeah, I didn't post this to winge, I posted this just to say hey, I don't think I'm alone in how I'm feeling am I? and I just wanted anyone else who feels the same to maybe talk about how they're feeling. Get a bit of a group empathy vibe going so I feel less alone with it

I know it's based on seasonal factors and generally, on a day to day basis throughout the rest of the year, I'm nice and mellow and good company (that's what other people said, not my words :-P )

So yeah. January = Moody Laura. Other 11 months of the year(ish) = sane Laura.

Can yas relate?

Laura xx

ReputationRep:
    Just piss on your parents dreams whenever you can. I do it to my dad all the time but they're less serious, like:

Dad: Thinking of getting one of those new computers, what do you think? Is it any good?
    Me: It sucks. Like everything else you choose. DON'T TELL MUM I SAID THAT.

ReputationRep:
    :console: and :knuddel: its ok..

ReputationRep:
    Get the ignore radar
    i've perfected it

or like irrelevance just said PISS ON THEIR DREAMS HAARD
    eg
    MUM- do you think this looks good on me
    ME- No you look old and fat ..please wear something your age
    MUM - oh :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Just piss on your parents dreams whenever you can. I do it to my dad all the time but they're less serious, like:

Dad: Thinking of getting one of those new computers, what do you think? Is it any good?
    Me: It sucks. Like everything else you choose. DON'T TELL MUM I SAID THAT.
    Aahhhhhh I love you more and more every day.

ReputationRep:
    I just knocked out the teeth on a kid and did explicit things with and to them.
    Who wants to feel less alone with me :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm single but I'm awesome. You don't need love to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    The key to becoming happy is to get addicted to StumbleUpon.
    The things you will find and the hours of your life you will waste :yes: :hifro:

ReputationRep:
    lol. I'm feeling very love starved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Least you're female :P

ReputationRep:
    I feel love starved :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    I feel love starved :cry2:
    Oh please.

ReputationRep:
    It's true. Oh so true.
    I will never find a man who will love me :cry: :bawling: :cry2: :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, this time last year I was in a happy relationship with a boy...now, well we're over and I hate him.

So glad I don't have a boyfriend.. but my best friend hasn't been paying me any attention and never phones me, I miss it

I guess in that way I am,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YellowDucksOnBlueSocks)
    Hmm, this time last year I was in a happy relationship with a boy...now, well we're over and I hate him.

So glad I don't have a boyfriend.. but my best friend hasn't been paying me any attention and never phones me, I miss it

I guess in that way I am,
    this time last year I was feeling the same and I got into the worst relationship ever...twas so bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Hugsies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    It's true. Oh so true.
    I will never find a man who will love me :cry: :bawling: :cry2: :emo:
    At least you have a good taste in music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Hugsies
    Oh, if only it were a real hug :daydream:

I haven't had a proper hug for ages. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    nooo...January is my month
    Its a good month! Think of January for beginnings and starting over and ' a new you' :
    One who isnt naive , or stupid, or unable,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Aahhhhhh I love you more and more every day.
    I'm so goddamn awesome I don't even know when I'm being awesome, it just happens. Like breathing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.