The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

L i b
Yes, it is.

There are more privately owned companies than state owned companies, for a communist country, that's impossible.
Reply 41
America just isn't what it once was so my money is on China.
Reply 42
Stalin
There are more privately owned companies than state owned companies, for a communist country, that's impossible.

A "company" is an arbitrary unit, particularly in the state sector: indeed, I'm frankly baffled as to how you are categorising such things. Is the Chinese Army a "company" for the purposes of this category? Or a regiment? Or a battalion? In production, are you assuming the Chinese state steel industry is one "company"? Each factory? What?

Anyway, from where do you pull this minimum definition for a communist country?
L i b
A "company" is an arbitrary unit, particularly in the state sector: indeed, I'm frankly baffled as to how you are categorising such things. Is the Chinese Army a "company" for the purposes of this category? Or a regiment? Or a battalion? In production, are you assuming the Chinese state steel industry is one "company"? Each factory? What?

Anyway, from where do you pull this minimum definition for a communist country?

Perhaps I've made things unclear, economically speaking China is very much a capitalist country, but yes you're right, culturally, China remains communist.
Reply 44
How about Earth? I reckon they'll be first since they are the neighbouring planet...
Reply 45
The 3rd British Empire, via the Torchwood Institute.
Reply 46
I guessed China. They seem to be getting better and better each day.

Latest

Trending

Trending