Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

predictions for the AQA A2 SCLY3 exam on 22nd January for beliefs in society? Watch

ReputationRep:
    my department predicted that there will be short questions of ideology religion and science etc

the essays could be the secularisation debate, social change or theories

what do you think that will come up in the exam this friday?

ReputationRep:
    im doing the same exam how far you got with revision?

ReputationRep:
    started about 2 weeks ago

just worried about the sects cults, NAMs and NRMs social groups
    they confuse me, the others are not a problem.
    what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Well since the last essay in the past paper was about Sec i cant see it being to likely that it will be in this once as well. But i havent seen a question on "Force for social change, or a conservative force" In any of the past papers. So im guessing that it might be one of the essay questions.

I hate NRMS NAM and secs / cults/ denominations as well. Could be some smaller questions on them i guess as well =/

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the questions that came up in summer? im really hoping sects/cuts etc dont come up as a essay question becuas it is likely. its horrible.

ReputationRep:
    A sects/cults essay question would auctaly kill me =/ I would love though a "social change" or "Sec" essay question :')!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we'll have a sect/cult quesiton as that was in the specimen.
    I would LOVE a theories of religion/change debate essay question, and a social groups 18 marker. PLEASE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alecangeltess)
    I don't think we'll have a sect/cult quesiton as that was in the specimen.
    I would LOVE a theories of religion/change debate essay question, and a social groups 18 marker. PLEASE.
    whats a specimen?

ReputationRep:
    The specimen paper.

ReputationRep:
    Meh social groups im abit iffy about, I know the general though.

Age- 14 and under and 65+'s attend church more

Gender- Women attend church more

Ethnicity - Migrats are more likly to attend church

Social class - Umm auctaly im unsure but i do belive its the middle class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a12)
    whats a specimen?

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...3-W-SQP-07.PDF

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty stuck on ethnicity - anyone have any notes please? Coz I have the general stuff about migrants more religious but get lost big time when I start tackling African Caribeeans and Asians.

ReputationRep:
    since it's a new specification, it is difficult to predict what they are gonna give out

i hope there will not be any questions on social groups sect cults etc, i will not be happy

NRMs and NAMs.. i might be able to cope

i really liked sociology last year but this year? beliefs in society? pfff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snapshot13)
    A sects/cults essay question would auctaly kill me =/ I would love though a "social change" or "Sec" essay question :')!
    same!! they are the only ones that's..more straight forward in terms of essays? if you know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    anyone can help me out on this

how can you evaluate the growth of NRMs, NAMs sects and cults?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzaXtreme)
    anyone can help me out on this

how can you evaluate the growth of NRMs, NAMs sects and cults?
    Try and stick in the Kendal project in there somewhere among the postmodernism stuff

Well I guess Stark and Bainbridge would say (according to their cycle of religion) that we are in a stage of "innovation" where new religions are being thought up?

People not feeling a close link towards traditional churches might seak out other forms of religion.

Postmodernism, People like to pick and chose, and so we go to NRM's and NAM's instead of just slecting one faith as in christianity.

Dams i hate NRMs,NAMs,Cults and sects >.< If they come up in the exam i might auctaly cry :')

Same i auctaly quite enjoyed soc last year, but relgion? WTF! Cant wait untill this unit is over and i can start Crime :') The only reason that i auctaly took Soc as an A level :P

ReputationRep:
    The whole NRMs, NAMs thing I hate, but again it came up in the specification.
    Theories question PLOX.

ReputationRep:
    heyy, sorry to be a pain but the 33mark question, how long would it have to be?

ReputationRep:
    Umm 50 minutes or so I think. So for me that's about 5 sides.

ReputationRep:
    oh godddd. i can only type like two~! hopefully that would be about 3 and a half hand written. and how can everyone hate cults/sects/NRMS and all that, they are the best of them!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.