Turn on thread page Beta

predictions for the AQA A2 SCLY3 exam on 22nd January for beliefs in society? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screaming_pickle)
    yeah i did a lot of evaluation but some people i talked to only did feminism and wrote about nothing else! they said it was because it said explain rather than assess but i thouht it said assess and for a 33 marker im sure you are supposed to evauate anyway, its an evaluation question!

the 9 marker was was the best that could have come up!
    Haha no dont worry - the question said evaluate , which means assess lol u did it correctly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikei)
    Yeh im sure u did the right thing lol in the feminism question the only feminist i spoke about was sadaawi i think , but spoke more about evidence of patriachy and evaluated it thoroughly
    m e a stupid question but what do u guys mean exactly by evaluated it can u give an example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a112)
    m e a stupid question but what do u guys mean exactly by evaluated it can u give an example?
    just assess the perspective's view on religion . give evidence that supports or refutes the feminst view

ReputationRep:
    I actually found this paper much better than January, had that feeling sects, and gender will come up. Feminist essay ran out of time but got ina few sociologists like simone De Beauvoir book = 2nd sex 1949, talked about advancements in relgion women becomes rabbis in judaism, acoltyes in catholicsm and ministers in scotlad since 1969. Talked about nawal el saadawi. knoted Rahj's research about men in arab world feel if they fail to fulfill breadwinner role seen as 'harem' related it to women therefore expect to stay home. Womens role in society is to do the religious upbringing making children go to church. talked about female gods in bronze age and now masculine gods, still patriarchal society. Feminists do not believe functionalists and marxists that women are oppressed by ruling class ideology infact oppressed by men, patriarchal society. Lost time at the end had mroe to write, spoke about the veil for some women it reduces oppression in western eyes seen as becoming more oppressed.

Sects question spoke so much began with enlightenment period of new scientific thinks then spoke about spiritual shopper, lacked sociologists here but still wrote tonnes. Hopefully a high B in this paper or low A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikei)
    Haha no dont worry - the question said evaluate , which means assess lol u did it correctly
    The question was evaluate so you would have to include criticisms, most of it was about feminism as you cant really evaluate much there unless the way people conducted their studies, but evaluation can come by stating how some pople wearing the veil reduces oppression, i.e comparing to studies. You'd get your marks not to worr. Bring on C+D hope it was as easy as January paper then I'm fine :d

ReputationRep:
    Can someone quote me the grade boundries for unit 3 and 4? (or if they're not available, then the jan boundries).

Ta.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiec678)
    though i seemed to be one of few people who chose the science question.
    lol I chose that one too, mainly cos I didnt have much knowledge on feminist sociologists to add. then again, didnt for this question either. I was pretty much screwed either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inseriousity.)
    lol I chose that one too, mainly cos I didnt have much knowledge on feminist sociologists to add. then again, didnt for this question either. I was pretty much screwed either way.
    How do u write 33 marks on science? all i can think of is the elightenment period, scared profane by durkheim, toenism amnism buddhism and thats abouyt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammaster01)
    Can someone quote me the grade boundries for unit 3 and 4? (or if they're not available, then the jan boundries).

Ta.

Erm well they change determing on how well people do or crap they do.

Jan module
    UNIT 3: A=44 B=39 C=34 D=29 E=25 out of 60 the raw marks not UMS
    UNIT 4: A=52 B=45 C=39 D=33 E=27 out of 90 the raw marks not UMS

Fairly low I guess.

hopefully they are the same. I should be getting 50/60 in this exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sad3k)
    How do u write 33 marks on science? all i can think of is the elightenment period, scared profane by durkheim, toenism amnism buddhism and thats abouyt it?
    I took the common sense approach and tried to fit a few key words in there to make it look good.

I have no idea what you're talking about, you're supposed to answer the question and none of that seems relevant to me (apart from the enlightenment period). sorry if that sounds patronizing or w/e, its not meant to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inseriousity.)
    I took the common sense approach and tried to fit a few key words in there to make it look good.

I have no idea what you're talking about, you're supposed to answer the question and none of that seems relevant to me (apart from the enlightenment period). sorry if that sounds patronizing or w/e, its not meant to be
    It alrite, didnt answer the question, but all we know on science is durkheim witchcraft buddhism and that elightenment period. I know alot with uni4 sociology as a science but u cant really link that with religion.

ReputationRep:
    For the second question "examine the view that sects and cults are more important than established religions" , i gave evidence as to why that view may be considered , but i also gave evidence as to why established religions are still more important.. was this question completely AO1 and will i lose marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikei)
    For the second question "examine the view that sects and cults are more important than established religions" , i gave evidence as to why that view may be considered , but i also gave evidence as to why established religions are still more important.. was this question completely AO1 and will i lose marks?
    ]

No its correct i argued how they have come about and seen as increasingly popular but in fact there has been an increase in attendance of catholic churches due to eastern european migration and pentecostal churches. I argued the fact that the media views it as mainstream churches are 'dieing' out were infact their not and theirs been a big incrase in islam may be due to conversion from Christianity to Islam. So infact individuals are not joinging sects or cults. Sects and cults are like spiritual shopping, the individual's needs continously changes therefore that individual begins to shopp around for other cults or sects that provide valid answers not answers that are referred to biblical texts. Also stated how people have begun to detoriate from the bible as new testamonts have come about making individuals unsure what is right, and that people interpet the bible via western eyes and non-western eyes giving different answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sad3k)
    ]

No its correct i argued how they have come about and seen as increasingly popular but in fact there has been an increase in attendance of catholic churches due to eastern european migration and pentecostal churches. I argued the fact that the media views it as mainstream churches are 'dieing' out were infact their not and theirs been a big incrase in islam may be due to conversion from Christianity to Islam. So infact individuals are not joinging sects or cults. Sects and cults are like spiritual shopping, the individual's needs continously changes therefore that individual begins to shopp around for other cults or sects that provide valid answers not answers that are referred to biblical texts. Also stated how people have begun to detoriate from the bible as new testamonts have come about making individuals unsure what is right, and that people interpet the bible via western eyes and non-western eyes giving different answers.
    Phew! i was getting worried lol and wow your analysis sounds thorough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikei)
    Phew! i was getting worried lol and wow your analysis sounds thorough!
    Yeah I wrote more for the 18 marker than the 33 marker which is abit dumb? I ran out of time 3.5 pages for 18 markers 2.5 pages for 33 marker. But for the 33 marker I had included all the main points and sociologists and if i had time i would have conluded it and jus rambled about society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sad3k)
    It alrite, didnt answer the question, but all we know on science is durkheim witchcraft buddhism and that elightenment period. I know alot with uni4 sociology as a science but u cant really link that with religion.
    Is science religion v2.0? lol maybe that's for the theology forum instead! I think it links quite well actually. As for the question, it's true I didn't know much sociologists but I included:

- Parsons (?), Religion's influence in social institutions has diluted. There is a key word for this, couldn't remember it. I'm rubbish with names! Science has replaced religion in social institutions instead.

- Davies (Davis? Davies?) - Believing without belonging. Maybe religion's influence is still more important, just no longer as public as it used to be.

- Secularisation. Forgot names AGAIN, grrrr. Census indicates that attendance of religion is falling.

- "Ideological" was part of the 'statement'. Is science ideology? I babbled through that.

basically, I waffled, trying to make irrelevant things make some sort of sense :P

ReputationRep:
    Is Solidariity and Stability not the same thing?

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.