Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

predictions for the AQA A2 SCLY3 exam on 22nd January for beliefs in society? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Good paper apart from the 18-mark question. Had davie believing without belonging (lol I had bw/ob in my plan and wasted time laughing at bwob), New Age movement... and errr that's it :P

33 mark essay I did the social groups question instead. Was rather easy. Age, class and gender. didn't have time for ethnicity but I don't think it'd have needed all 4, marks are mostly A02, analysing and stuff so yeah not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    see all i saw was Function..
    i did mention neo marxists seeing R as functioning as a tool of resistance for w.c against r.c

would that get me nearrr social change lol

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like question 1B about whether or not religion has become a private and personal matter (whatever that even means! :p:) but apart from that I think/hope it went well :yep:

Annoyed about how I learnt loads of stuff I didn't need about secularization though...I had sooo much information on that, what a waste of time!

The essay question about social stability was a nice one though, the questions could have been a lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    That would be stratching the surface CG but not close enough to actually touch it, I'm afraid (imo, could be wrong).

ReputationRep:
    Ya im anoyed that i learnt all of the sec stuff and didnt need half of it (n) I knew it woudent come up in the dam exam >.< FFS

ReputationRep:
    Damn it went badly.

1 a was ok but I probably failed to explain societalisation properly.
    1 b I thought I did well, but then I found out I didn't really talk about "personalised" separately, I mostly just talked about criticisms of Davie's treatise rather than postmodernism etc, though I did put a quick bit about it at the end.
    I wish I chose 3 now but for some reason I chose 2 which was utter fail: basically talked about functionalism and general criticisms of that related to religion for 60% then realised it was a change essay and hurriedly wrote the most incoherent stuff I've ever written about Marxism, Neo-Marxism, Weberian and one tiny line right at the end how it might depend. ****.

Oh well, I'm actually not too depressed. All the Oxford stuff got in the way of classwork, and I've been lax with revision. Just got to really put my head down (I hate that expression) between now and June in all my subjects and modules. TOTAL FOCUS. Retake time in June for it with full understanding, practice questions and cross-correlations.

ReputationRep:
    I did question 2 :lol:

Was starting three then looked at question 2 and though OHH SOCIAL SOLIDARITY OH DURKHEIM and went mad and wrote EVERYTHING :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh ya i finished writting the question 2 essay and then at the end thought, **** I havent wrote about fundermentualism and did a quick paragraph and wrote next to it (Put this before the conclusion) looools >.<

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you lot had a chance to do this paper, my college said no January entries, so I'll have to do it in June. Can anyone tell me what questions exactly came up, especially for the 18 marker and 33 marker?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a kinder paper than i expected! 1b seemed a little odd with the private and personal bit but I found lots to write. I did question 2-not a bad question, Durkheim, Parsons, Malinowski, Marx, Weber and the spirit of calvinism, fundamentalism, postmodernism, feminism.

Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    lol what was question 2 again? you've all wrote stuff I'd never even think of writing :P

Question 3 was: "Critically examine the relationship of different social groups and their religious beliefs and practice." or something around those lines, sad3k

ReputationRep:
    Question 2 was: "Assess the view that the function of religion is to maintain social solidarity". Or something along those lines..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesssss)
    Question 2 was: "Assess the view that the function of religion is to maintain social solidarity". Or something along those lines..
    Assess the view that the main function of religious belifes is to promote or cause social stabilization" I belive it was something like that

ReputationRep:
    I remember it saying social solidarity! That's why I was getting confused with everyone saying social stabilization!

ReputationRep:
    And i remember it saying stabilization ¬¬ which is why we could write about it causing social change or not

ReputationRep:
    lol well don't know what happened there but I do remember seeing 'social solidarity' and then moving onto the next question!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, was it stability or solidarity? The first time I looked at it I thought it was solidarity, but then when I looked again I saw stability and answered it as if it said stability

ReputationRep:
    if it was solidarity would that mean i'm ok for not mentioning social change?

ReputationRep:
    It was stability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alecangeltess)
    It was stability.
    Thank you :') I was getting myself all worried then for a sec

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.