Turn on thread page Beta

predictions for the AQA A2 SCLY3 exam on 22nd January for beliefs in society? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes education is AS. Unless you retook a unit from last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a12)
    yeh i did, how did u find it? especially the last question on the research part on the practicle issues of choosing topic/r.method?
    What did you think of that?
    I argued that while practical reasons must be considered, ethical and theoretical cannot be ignored.

Then I choose a few methods and analysed their practical advantages/disadvantages weighing that up with some of the theoretical and ethical issues too.

was that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -CG-)
    What did you think of that?
    I argued that while practical reasons must be considered, ethical and theoretical cannot be ignored.

Then I choose a few methods and analysed their practical advantages/disadvantages weighing that up with some of the theoretical and ethical issues too.

was that right?
    im not the one to ask i was completely stuck on that question and didnt have enough time, all i wrote was about 1 and a half paragraphs. retakes for me in teh summer

plus do u even remember reading anything about this question in the books? cos i didnt

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can anyone help me out. I am studying from home and have A2 sociology exam on tuesday, Crime & Deviance. Do you have any clue from your teachers what topics will be in the paper SCLY4

ReputationRep:
    Same! I would also like predictions lol. There is SO much to revise. But I won't be soley relying on predictions, I did that last year & effed them up royally! Maybe suicide or labelling theory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a12)
    im not the one to ask i was completely stuck on that question and didnt have enough time, all i wrote was about 1 and a half paragraphs. retakes for me in teh summer

plus do u even remember reading anything about this question in the books? cos i didnt
    No I didn't but I suppose AQA would argue that it's part of the topic and was on the syllabus (albeit implicitly) and therefore they are wihin their rights to ask it
    But I did think it was dirty..
    Normally its assess the strengths/weaknesses of <insert research method here>

Oh well :/

ReputationRep:
    Did you mention about calvinism liberation theology etc and how its shows religion not to be a conservitive force but a tool for radical change then you should of done well (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LL91)
    Did you mention about calvinism liberation theology etc and how its shows religion not to be a conservitive force but a tool for radical change then you should of done well (Y)
    Yep i did

Calvinism (prot work ethic) by weber and then wrote a critism of his work, and then counterd my own crititism O.o :P.

Liberation theory, in latin america and then also in contex with Christianity and the Roman Empire

Umm, also looked at halevy thesis.

Looked feminism and "the second sex"

Postmodernism and how bruce says religion has "fragmented"

Maliwaski and his tribes which used religion to relive stress and create stabilty amoung the tribe when the men went out on their boats.

Yep i think i manged to fit quite alot into the last essay

ReputationRep:
    It's Malinowski. *livid*

ReputationRep:
    Looools sorrys, my spelling is awful at the best of times I alllways write a little applogy at the end of my exams for the examiners who have to mark it :P I feel so sorry for them

ReputationRep:
    Oh no don't take it as an insult haha.

ReputationRep:
    Haha brilliant well then hopefully everyone has done really well. Will be good to see the examiners comments in march alongside the results hey?
    Well done everyone and goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone get on?

ReputationRep:
    C. not disappointed with that tbh seen as I didn't finish my essay but still gonna resit.
    Only one subject I have any hope whatsoever of getting an A in and that's sociology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    How did everyone get on?
    Got an A for power & Politics module

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone get on?
    I got an A for Beliefs in Society. University suddenly doesn't seem that far away! Though, I still have Education and Methods to resit in June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dyer)
    I got an A for Beliefs in Society. University suddenly doesn't seem that far away! Though, I still have Education and Methods to resit in June.
    Same I re-sat that one in January. At least it won't be too much revision, because the next A2 exam has methods in it too, so you'll only have to go over it once

ReputationRep:
    Same I re-sat that one in January. At least it won't be too much revision, because the next A2 exam has methods in it too, so you'll only have to go over it once
    Indeed, and I find the crime and deviance stuff really interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its also alot easier than the Power and Politics module surprisingly! My only concern is the theory & Methods exam!

ReputationRep:
    Got a B for beliefs in society, pretty pleased with it (would have liked an A, but oh well!)

Can someone tell me how to get an A in the crime and deviance exam? I'm struggling with it a bit at the moment and I don't think i'll do as well in it
    Going to have to revise LOADS

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.