Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a physics undergraduate and it is something I am considering. I don't have Biology A level, which could be a problem taking GAMSAT.

Any advice or your own personal experiences?

ReputationRep:
    apply to uni which dont require the GAMSAT, http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=11 might help

ReputationRep:
    So that would leave me with Kings, Newcastle, Southampton, Warwick or Oxford.

The GAMSAT requires a lot of biology knowledge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annora)
    So that would leave me with Kings, Newcastle, Southampton, Warwick or Oxford.

The GAMSAT requires a lot of biology knowledge?
    Imperial, Leicester, Nottingham.

Plus more if you have Chem A-level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    apply to uni which dont require the GAMSAT, http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=11 might help
    alright vicky? Hows course going? Check you with your places to go for med... im going all 5 year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annora)
    I'm a physics undergraduate and it is something I am considering. I don't have Biology A level, which could be a problem taking GAMSAT.

Any advice or your own personal experiences?
    Are you 2nd or 3rd year? If second can you not just get an a level biology text book and get learning after summer exams have finished at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    alright vicky? Hows course going? Check you with your places to go for med... im going all 5 year
    erm do i know you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxPP)
    Are you 2nd or 3rd year? If second can you not just get an a level biology text book and get learning after summer exams have finished at uni?
    Yes, I'm in my second year on a 4yr MPhys programme. I suppose I could do AS Biology if necessary but I'd rather not if I can avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    Self study for the GAMSAT should be ok if you give yourself plenty of time (and for GAMMY, you don't need lots of biology knowledge, just need to know how to interpret the questions and understand the information they present you). If you are on target for a 2.1 or above then you shouldn't need to sit GAMSAT anyway (unless you really want to apply to Nottingham, St Georges, Keele, Swansea or Peninsula).

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.