Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which was easier? Source questions or 'Stand me up, knock me down essays' watch

ReputationRep:
    In history which do you find easier: Source based question exams or stand me up knock me down timed essay exams?

ReputationRep:
    Now I think about it, the timed essays.

I tend to find it easier if I have less questions, and when it comes to source questions I always manage my time really badly. Like for example, i'll spend more time on a 6 mark question than I would for a 10 marker because I try and squeeze as many marks out of a question as possible. Then before I know it I have 4 minutes left to write a 10 mark question. I do, however, like the fact that you get little clues to prompt you from the source questions.

When it comes to the timed essays, I know my timing and how much i'm expected to write. I spend about 40 minutes on each, give or take either way, and I stick to it every time. That's the difference. They both have their positives though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.