Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not trollin' :fyi:

Seriously, my preference are old-ish men, 35+, business-like, you know the type. But I can't find them anywhere - I don't work in an office, I go to college and generally only seem to meet guys my age.

WHERE DO I LOOK? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not trollin' :fyi:

Seriously, my preference are old-ish men, 35+, business-like, you know the type. But I can't find them anywhere - I don't work in an office, I go to college and generally only seem to meet guys my age.

WHERE DO I LOOK? :confused:

Wine bars, pubs,....errrr I cant think of anymore places.

Oh and 35 ish isnt "old" , its distinguished. Men often get more attractive as they age, not all the time but sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    You're in college, so, 16/17/18 and you want to date a man 35+? Spare yourself the hurt, seriously... I'm nearly 18, i like older guys but my maturity level really hasn't developed enough yet to handle someone who is old enough to be my dad. If you're looking for sex, then fine. But if you want a relationship, most of the time men that age will just see you like some kind of cute trophy.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, you're all so biased lol "Old"? :rolleyes: But anyway, as someone else said, any pub. Then again, I guess it mightn't be easy if you have to go on your own, if your friends don't want to go/have the same taste. Or online if you're into that option.

ReputationRep:
    Actually going to pubs, bars and clubs might be a bit difficult if the OP is under 18/21/25 depending on the establishments age rules.

Maybe dating agencies or websites?.

Kay thanks for (some of) the ideas people, but when I say old, I draw the line at like, 60. :smug:

So nursing homes are out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Wine bars, pubs,....errrr I cant think of anymore places.
    Oh and 35 ish isnt "old" , its distinguished. Men often get more attractive as they age, not all the time but sometimes.
    Old peoples homes?.....plenty there...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    In Your Backgarden.

ReputationRep:
    http://sugardaddie.com/ lol

But seriously, it's not hard. Different bars target different age groups - you're just used to going to bars for younger people. If you're in a city there will be lots of classy bars that men in their late 20s/ 30s go to after work. They're easy to spot because the establishments are very modern looking and everyone is in suits. :p:

To start looking for them, if you're living in a city, then maybe go to areas which are known for having lots of offices, places where there are banks HQ and accountancy firms are located. They're often sort of clustered together and there are likely to be bars etc not too far from there.

If not... your dad may have friends you can pick up? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    You'd find loads on dating sites like plenty of fish and OK cupid.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the bingo on a Saturday night, most of the old dears who go drag along their husbands with them.

I know what you mean as well - there's nothing sexier than having to change the catheter of the hottie you bedded the night before. Keep on truckin'.

(Original post by Vampyrcorn)
    http://sugardaddie.com/ lol

But seriously, it's not hard. Different bars target different age groups - you're just used to going to bars for younger people. If you're in a city there will be lots of classy bars that men in their late 20s/ 30s go to after work. They're easy to spot because the establishments are very modern looking and everyone is in suits. :p:

To start looking for them, if you're living in a city, then maybe go to areas which are known for having lots of offices, places where there are banks HQ and accountancy firms are located. They're often sort of clustered together and there are likely to be bars etc not too far from there.

If not... your dad may have friends you can pick up? :unsure:
    SO HELPFUL, THANK YOU. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardog32)
    Nursing home?
    :rofl:

OP, imo there's no specific place where you can find older people, especially that age 35+ is not really that old.

ReputationRep:
    Local park, feeding the ducks

ReputationRep:
    Match.com

Or the internet.

The shout box at night too.

ReputationRep:
    Bars in the city , up market hotel bars, places like the long bar at the sanderson would be great to meet older men

ReputationRep:
    Are we younger guys really that bad?

ReputationRep:
    Golf course. Plenty of slow buggers there, not that I play any more.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    :cry2:

No.
    Did you have a father role model at home?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Are we younger guys really that bad?
    Yes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.