Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk...l/article.html

POLICE are investigating after a body was found at Keele University.

Officers were called to the campus this morning after a student found the man collapsed in a field just after 11am.

Paramedics pronounced the man dead at the scene and police have remained in attendance all afternoon.

The death of the man, thought to be in his early 20s, is being treated as unexplained.
    That's pretty ****** up. If it's like what my Mum was saying (my sister attends Keele...) then why didn't a guard or porter find him?

Campus universities tend to advertise themselves as being extra-safe and student friendly.

:/ I hope anyone who has been affected by this news is okay.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God thats scary I hope it was nothing bad my mum will not let me go to Keele in September if something bad happened. I hope everybody at Keele now is ok.

ReputationRep:
    We were sent an e-mail about it. By the sounds of it is wasn't due to anything malicious happening. Anyone can die anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I live directly opposite where this guy was found and there's no way security would have seen anything unless they began patrolling the football field at night. The road next to it, past my room, is patrolled a ridiculous amount. Although Stoke is a hole, I've never felt unsafe at Keele.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRevolver)

That's pretty ****** up. If it's like what my Mum was saying (my sister attends Keele...) then why didn't a guard or porter find him?
    and so what if they did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayjayjay)
    We were sent an e-mail about it. By the sounds of it is wasn't due to anything malicious happening. Anyone can die anywhere.
    This. They're carrying out a full investigation but I believe they said it doesn't appear to be suspicious.

You can't say the campus is unsafe just because the people on it aren't immortal.

ReputationRep:
    Cause of death?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRevolver)

Campus universities tend to advertise themselves as being extra-safe and student friendly.

:/ I hope anyone who has been affected by this news is okay.
    A guard or porter didn't find him because, if he just ended up dead in a random location on the site, then for that to be most probable would require there to be more guards than students.
    I don't see why someone dying doesn't make it "extra safe"; the article doesn't suggest in the slightest that he was murdered?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, this explains some of my friend's status' on Facebook...

ReputationRep:
    The pitch at Keele is sooo huge it would be difficult to see a guy lying on the floor!

I graduated from Keele in 2008 and I never once felt unsafe there, poor guy..

ReputationRep:
    Who has said it isn't suspicious? Why would they be appealing for information if it wasn't being treated as suspicious? I may be wrong, but I can't see this as being suicide. It might be of his own accord, e.g. accidental drug overdose/alcohol intoxication but not direct suicide.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well I hope they find out what happened. This is the uni I intend to spend the next few years of my life at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    Who has said it isn't suspicious? Why would they be appealing for information if it wasn't being treated as suspicious? I may be wrong, but I can't see this as being suicide. It might be of his own accord, e.g. accidental drug overdose/alcohol intoxication but not direct suicide.
    Suicide and murder aren't the only two ways to die. :p:

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like he just collapsed and died. It could have happened anywhere.

Last year at Birmingham there was a suicide... in a lecture hall

ReputationRep:
    There were suicides at Keele whilst I was there, so it's not uncommon.

ReputationRep:
    One morning my neighbour a few houses up found a man, wearing nothing but his underpants unconscious on the pavement. We never did find out what happened but weird stuff like that happens all the time. It doesn't mean the area is unsafe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Suicide and murder aren't the only two ways to die. :p:
    when did I say that?

You either get unsuspicious, suspicious, or unexplained. Unexplained is in the vast majority of cases, only a temporary term.

ReputationRep:
    Q:

when did I say that?
    A:

Who has said it isn't suspicious? Why would they be appealing for information if it wasn't being treated as suspicious? I may be wrong, but I can't see this as being suicide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    Whoever negged me saying 'Har har, Keele be crap.' is an idiot.

At least leave your name!
    Hahaha I want to pos whoever negged you. Inappropriately funny.

But yeah that's pretty scary, wouldn't want to be the person who found him. :erm:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.