Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    You do realise a lot of people have medical conditions?
    yes... dying on his own accord = noone else involved = possible medical condition

hurrr durr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    well if you have never been there, how can you have an informed opinion on it? another stupid assumption.
    i never claimed to have an informed opinion.
    you're just being the typical overly arguementative loser that is so common on this site.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hearing that the guy got drunk that night and fell asleep on the field...probably died of hypothermia or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    Apart from a heart attack or something like that
    How else do you think he has died? idiot

btw by suicide i mean dying on his own accord
    and by murder i would mean dying as the result of someone else

i know they're not strictly speaking correct terms but it doesn't matter
    So, you're wrong/vague/incoherent and then you call ME an idiot?

I hope you feel much better now. Issues!

Relax, you're quoting me was unnecessary. Moan quietly as no one cares.

ReputationRep:
    Unlike anyone else in this discussion i personally knew the guy who you're all gossiping about.
    I think its absolutely disgusting that you're all just arguing about medical terms and how he died when you havnt got the slightest idea what happened. No one has.
    I last saw him a week before he died and the rest of you havnt a clue who he is, what he was like or anything so i dont think that you have any right to be involved in a discussion about this tragedy in the first place. The only thing you're after is gossip. If anything you should be paying respects to his family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeL230)
    Someone got assaulted thursday just gone, we had an email about that too.
    I know.. read what I quoted. The point is the assault happened only earlier this week (the last one being in 2008), so everyone started thinking there was a connection.

RIP David.

ReputationRep:
    Well I am currently at Keele and the cleaner told us that she was told that he died of a heart attack she didn't say who told her but any way. All the e-mails we have had have said that the police dont think that it is anything suspicious and the security people are on constantly going round so I dont feel unsafe at Keele. So don't get put of Keele because of this.

ReputationRep:
    I would also like to add my sympathies for his friends and family because there is a lot of community spirit at Keele so his death will be a big loss to those who knew him.

ReputationRep:
    So have there still not been any developments as to what happened? It's been ages..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flash6289)
    So have there still not been any developments as to what happened? It's been ages..
    The last e-mail regarding the incident was on 17th January. I am assuming it is still being investigated or they do not see fit to tell us the ins and outs of it all.

ReputationRep:
    Looking on his Facebook profile, it does seem he wasn't the happiest of chappies. Some quite unusual statuses, and as someone mentioned earlier in the thread the campus can get very quiet and it's easy to see how one's mind wanders. Shame really

As has also been said though, you're much more likely to encounter an incident particularly at inner city universities.

fwiw I have been here at Keele nearly 4 years and in my first year someone tried to rob my mate's phone but he fought them off, and as part of the community spirit at Keele our whole block went out searching for the nob. This was down at Hawthorn Halls though (where someone on here mentioned there's a long walk onto campus). At night most of the students are either in groups having a laugh or in their rooms. You'd be pretty stupid to walk around at night alone particularly if you're female - this goes for any university.

Also in my new room this year (postgrad) I had someone trying to get their hands in while I was asleep with the window open! I woke up and shocked them, they ran off. Since then due to the community spirit two thieves looking dodgy on another part of campus were immediately reported by students and apprehended by security.

Keele, while being close to Stoke and Newcastle, is in it's own quite contained environment. Criminals seem to get attracted by this, but that does not mean it only happens at Keele. Criminals operate everywhere and seek opportunity. It just takes some common sense on the part of the student.

When I first came here I heard the rumour that alot of rapes/suicides happen. In reality during my experience, at most you hear about 1 sexual assault a year and this is the first death I've heard about in 4 years.

(Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    I wasn't making any claims or making any links. All I was saying was saying was that IF there were higher than average rates of suicide at Keele it would be understandable because the campus is in the middle of nowhere (from what I know of) and I can imagine it's relatively easy to just sit in your room and mope all day because you have to get taxis or buses if you want to go anywhere.
    As per my comments above, yes I would agree Keele does seem to give that feeling of people being isolated and lonely, but actually there's such a collective spirit and it's more to do with the type of people who choose to come here, often low in confidence. And that does create a barrier for meeting new people since it is all about getting involved and acquainted. For those who are outgoing and sociable, willing to enjoy the university for all it's beauty in the summer and weekly events, well all I can say is you'll become best friends with my mate Mr S Union

And why so much hatred and jealousy on this forum, we're all meant to be intellectual students with high aspirations and a positive outlook :| Leave the pointless arguing for small-minded retards.

ReputationRep:
    twas pretty scary tbh when i saw the white tent on the fields at like 11am
    i live in hawthorns but was in barnes social space till the very early hours before crashing at barnes
    we decided to go to kfc on keele services for breakfast ( as you do as students!!!)
    and i saw it the tent and police tape while we were walking to the car
    didnt think much of it at the time tbh
    but told my hawthorns mates as soon as i got back..... of which it was confirmed via email to us later.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.