Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of my body? :( watch

Please keep anon.

I don't want to post photos as i'm body concious and don't have any anyway.

(I'm female) I've had a lot of women in the past say i'm too skinny, or asking if i starve myself. I'm sick of the comments, it makes me feel ugly. I'm often referred to as skinny and it hurts because it makes me feel like i must look like an anorexic.

This is a serious post, I used to think my body was fine and now i'm not so sure.

I'm 5''8 and my measurements are 31 - 24 - 35'' (bust, waist, hips) I weigh 8.8 stone.

I was just wondering if anyone has a similar figure to me and how they feel about it and if not, do you think i sound unattractive or ill?

ReputationRep:
    i have almost exactly the same body!
    and i also get the 'omg, are you anorexic?' questions.
    but you know what, don't listen to them, everyones bodies are made differently, providing your eating healthy and what not, then i think everything sounds fine.
    and i'd much perfer to have a brilliant metabolism and a sexy slender body than be worried about my weight.
    so to be honest, i think your body sounds absolutly fine

I have very similar measurements (5'9, 32-24-35, a size 8-10) and I know I'm not too skinny.

If you think you're fine, that's all that matters.

People saying you're too skinny probably have body image issues of their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anon.

I don't want to post photos as i'm body concious and don't have any anyway.

(I'm female) I've had a lot of women in the past say i'm too skinny, or asking if i starve myself. I'm sick of the comments, it makes me feel ugly. I'm often referred to as skinny and it hurts because it makes me feel like i must look like an anorexic.

This is a serious post, I used to think my body was fine and now i'm not so sure.

I'm 5''8 and my measurements are 31 - 24 - 35'' (bust, waist, hips) I weigh 8.8 stone.

I was just wondering if anyone has a similar figure to me and how they feel about it and if not, do you think i sound unattractive or ill?
    Show us your pics please.

ReputationRep:
    You sound a bit underweight for your height, but honestly no-one can tell you accurately unless you have a picture (or a BF%)

ReputationRep:
    pics?

I have very similar measurements (5'9, 32-24-35, a size 8-10) and I know I'm not too skinny.

If you think you're fine, that's all that matters.

People saying you're too skinny probably have body image issues of their own.
    You're a size 8-10? I'm finding lately that i'm more a size 6-8 and 10's literally hang off me. So much harder to find clothing...

ReputationRep:
    Your BMI is 18.7
    Normal weight = 18.5-24.9...you are normal, dont worry

ReputationRep:
    As a man, it's quite hard to picture your body but 8.8st and 5ft8 does sound a bit skinny, but nowhere near anorexic.

ReputationRep:
    please keep anon

hi

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

You're a size 8-10? I'm finding lately that i'm more a size 6-8 and 10's literally hang off me. So much harder to find clothing...
    Yeah! 8 for top half, 10 on the bottom. When I'm in peak physical condition I'm less of a pear shape: 32-24-32 which I would consider a size 8 top and bottom.

You sound fine, and you absolutely shouldn't be worrying :yes:

ReputationRep:
    i think you sound hot tbh. can't say for sure though without pics :teeth:

(Original post by .pushing.charlotte.)
    i have almost exactly the same body!
    and i also get the 'omg, are you anorexic?' questions.
    but you know what, don't listen to them, everyones bodies are made differently, providing your eating healthy and what not, then i think everything sounds fine.
    and i'd much perfer to have a brilliant metabolism and a sexy slender body than be worried about my weight.
    so to be honest, i think your body sounds absolutly fine
    Yea! Do you ever feel shapeless? I know I do because I have small boobs, waist, etc. =\

What bust size are you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a male and i'm quite skinny..i'm just normal body weight - but i eat normally and regularly so i know i'm healthy - you just have to ignore stupid comments as you know you are fine. Better to be underweight than overweight !! Alot of the comments are probably rooted in jealousy.:yes:

Anorexia is a condition, not a size. You could potentially look anorexic, but being slim doesn't make you anorexic.

But it could be the way you portray yourself. If you stand proud and confident nobody will say anything. I've never had anyone mention that I'm overweight because I carry it well and walk with pride. Hold your head up high and tell yourself how beautiful you really are (but don't get all cocky and arogant about it XD)

ReputationRep:
    thats not bad at all, i have plenty of friends that size and no one has ever said that to them! maybe its because they are a bit shorter it looks different? as long as you're healthy theres no problem, dont worry about them, it could be jealousy

(Original post by h_a_f_s_a)
    How old are you?
    I'm 18.

ReputationRep:
    too fat

ReputationRep:
    Pics or GTFO.

Seriously.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.