Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

can eating healthily balance out eating badly watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i am trying to eat healthily but last night and today i have eaten quite badly, i have eaten cake and chocolate and a lot of nuts and not much else.

would it be healthier to just not eat anything tonight and start again tomorrow or would it be better to eat something nutritious now to try and make up for it?

ReputationRep:
    Face the truth. You aren't going to be able to eat healthily. EVER. Why don't you just eat the way you have been, and carry on with the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    If you're hungry have some fruit otherwise wait till tomorrow, no point in eating food just to balance stuff out. Would kinda defy the point of eating well

ReputationRep:
    Eat some veg, better to keep your metabolism going for now..

ReputationRep:
    Cut it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flying twig)
    because i'll get cancer and regret it when i'm slowing dying of some horrible disease
    you realise that you can get cancer eating healthy right?

ReputationRep:
    eating healthily makes it less likely though.

unhealthy eating and a sedentary lifestyle are risk factors in just about every type of cancer as far as i can see

so are lots of other things

all im saying is why worry you may still get it

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I agree that anyone can get cancer, eating unhealthily, being sedentary and smoking are just stupidly increasing the risks. Why would anyone want to make sure they had more chance of getting cancer? Also, eating too much sugar can cause diabetes (which can cause poor cardiovascular health, blindness and more) and too much salt can harden the arteries and increase blood pressure making it more likely for you to have a heart attack. There are exceptions to the rule of course, but you wont find out if you're that exeption often than not when it's too late.....

ReputationRep:
    i don't really do any of the other things that would give me cancer and i would prefer to minimise the chances of getting it, eating healthily makes me feel better all round anyways

so you never get stressed, dont go outside and breath in car fumes, dont use a mobile phone etc etc

sometimes cancer just happens, theres not always a reason anf theres not always something that causes it

ReputationRep:
    i think cutting all food out would kill me
    Your in a pickle man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Whilst I agree that anyone can get cancer, eating unhealthily, being sedentary and smoking are just stupidly increasing the risks. Why would anyone want to make sure they had more chance of getting cancer? Also, eating too much sugar can cause diabetes (which can cause poor cardiovascular health, blindness and more) and too much salt can harden the arteries and increase blood pressure making it more likely for you to have a heart attack. There are exceptions to the rule of course, but you wont find out if you're that exeption often than not when it's too late.....
    exactly, most of the time it's not that difficult to make a few changes and it's definitely worth it if it can drastically improve your overall health, not only now but in the future.

by the time you get ill it's usually too late

ReputationRep:
    exactly, most of the time it's not that difficult to make a few changes and it's definitely worth it if it can drastically improve your overall health, not only now but in the future.

by the time you get ill it's usually too late

me, i prefer eating food i like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    me, i prefer eating food i like
    i'm not here to persuade you

enjoy your cancer, diabetes, obesity and heart attack

ReputationRep:
    i'm not here to persuade you

enjoy your cancer, diabetes, obesity and heart attack
    OR

i could enjoy the food i eat, not worry about those things and live a happy and possibly long life

if my bf having cancer has tought me one thing its not to worry about what you eat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    OR

i could enjoy the food i eat, not worry about those things and live a happy and possibly long life

if my bf having cancer has tought me one thing its not to worry about what you eat
    I like healthy food, I enjoy what I eat. Healthy food doesnt have to be synonymous with bad taste. I find that I'm a lot more adventurous with what I eat and having an open mind (eating food from around the globe) makes it easier to find healthy food that tastes good which can be incorporated into your diet. I do occasionally eat cakes and things, but I find that eating in a balanced way reduces my craving for sugar and I find sweets and confectionery/sweet baked products way too sweet. Just the same as I actually dont like the taste of SOME of what is fatty and greasy (i.e KFC....*shudders*) and a lot of the processed food tastes so salty to me. It's like many peoples' tastebuds get desensitised to real flavour in natural foods because of all the sugar and salt added to the processed food making up their diet.

I dont dispute that you can have a long healthy life with an unhealthy lifestyle, but it seems that the odds are against you compared to someone who exercises moderately, eats "unhealthy" food in moderation, drinks an occasional glass of red and has their 5 a day. But I guess if you really think healthy food all tastes disgusting and you feel it will impede on your quality of life, then maybe the risks of dying earlier (but shorter happier life) are a trade off you are willing to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I like healthy food, I enjoy what I eat. Healthy food doesnt have to be synonymous with bad taste. I find that I'm a lot more adventurous with what I eat and having an open mind makes it easier to find healthy food that tastes good. Just the same as I actually dont like the taste of SOME of what is fatty and greasy (i.e KFC....*shudders*)

I dont dispute that you can have a long healthy life with an unhealthy lifestyle, but it seems that the odds are against you compared to someone who exercises moderately, eats "unhealthy" food in moderation, drinks an occasional glass of red and has their 5 a day. But I guess if you really think healthy food all tastes disgusting and you feel it will impede on your quality of life, then maybe the risks of dying earlier (but shorter happier life) are a trade off you are willing to make.

basically unless it was a guarantee i wouldnt change, yes its possible that i can get these things but then theres a chance i might not

i do hate the taste of most healthy food but tbh i dont smoke, i dont drink i dont take drugs and i do exercise so i guess im a lot healthier than a lot of people

ReputationRep:
    Oh bloody hell if you listen to the daily mail walking gives you cancer 1 in 3 of people have cancer in thier lifetime so mays well live a little

ReputationRep:
    OP I say just try and continue to eat healthily. :yep:
    Don't worry yourself too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of the Standard of Taste)
    Your in a pickle man.
    Let's hope he can get out of it before it all goes pear shaped :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    Let's hope he can get out of it before it all goes pear shaped :awesome:
    I see what you did there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.