Turn on thread page Beta

applying to a different uni for a different course - Advice needed! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I am a bit lost at the moment so any advice is greatly appreciated. I am now 22 and left school in 2006 with 3 A levels (Physics-C, ICT-C, Business and Economics-E). I went to Ravensbourne college to study for a degree in broadcasting. Whilst there I built up some contacts within the industry and basically dropped out of Uni as I was getting regular work in the media industry. The money is good and it is essentially not far off what I would have been doing after I had graduated. I now have a good amount of varied work for a number of high profile clients, but I am finding that, indirectly, not having a degree is affecting my career as people tend to take you slightly less seriously, knowing that you failed to complete a degree.

Now that I am slightly older and have matured I feel that I am ready to receive a proper University education. I am now eager to learn and am ready to buckle down and really try hard to get a good degree, more so than I did 3 or 4 years ago. I would also like to pursue one of my other interests, that of property. I would like to study something in property such as real estate management, perhaps at Oxford Brooks. I would also be looking to get involved in the Student Union organising events ect as I have a good deal of interest and experience in this area as well.

The reason have posted this is because I don’t really know anyone who is in my position, I am looking for some guidance from someone who has maybe already been through this. How do I go about writing my personal statement, and describing my journey as it were. Also, how do admissions tutors look at people in my position?

Thank you for taking your time to read this, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Nick

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.