Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling to learn anatomy. What's your revision technique?

The part I have particular trouble is the bones, and the different parts areas of each bone (e.g. the acromium, coracoid process, surgical neck etc.).

thanks

ReputationRep:
    The colouring books are quite helpful. Seriously.

And the flashcards by Netters or Grays, though they are quite expensive.

And lastly...rote memorisation...though that is extremely tedious.

ReputationRep:
    My friends say it helps to study with other people- I haven't really done this yet, and I'm doing quite badly atm so I asked them for advice. Others also recommend flashcards or even better, drawing your own diagrams (doesn't really seem to be working for me but maybe i haven't done enough).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfjr)
    I'm really struggling to learn anatomy. What's your revision technique?

The part I have particular trouble is the bones, and the different parts areas of each bone (e.g. the acromium, coracoid process, surgical neck etc.).

thanks
    coloring books - yes they make you feel like a geography student but they do work! :yes: also I like drawing scaffy diagrams on rough bits of paper and working through a system. Or simply grab an atlas, cover up the names with a bit of paper and name all the bits you can, a bit primary school but very effective!

ReputationRep:
    As well as the colouring books, I had a half-skeleton on loan from the college library, onto which I stuck lots of little labels for all the important muscle attachments etc

ReputationRep:
    Colouring books are handy.

I have a half skeleton but only get it out once a semester or so.

ReputationRep:
    after all the posts, i might give the colouring book a try? any reccomendations as to which colouring book people like?

im only 4 months or so into the course, but so far i really like drawing it out, and colouring it back in, that and netter's flash cards are good for on the go.

ReputationRep:
    Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy

ReputationRep:
    I always enjoyed drawing bones, nerves, muscles and blood vessels on people's bodies (consenting people of course) and this made things stick pretty well - especially as it gives you an idea of how it works in 3d. So grab yourself a friend (opposite sex, same sex, hey, its a free country) and get drawing!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.