Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do, my history resit is on wednesday and I haven't done half the revision I should have done and even what I have done I don't seem to remember, I'm not sure if its because of my sheer lack of motivation or the fact that I am scared stiff about not getting the grade I need. If I don't get an A in this then I am risking my future university places and dissapointing my parents. I don't know what to do, they say take the up with the down and last year everything seemed to go my way but this year its as if the pressure has got to me and I just can't cope! Any suggestions for how to learn an entire course in 3 days when in 3 weeks I have failed miserably! And don't say you will know more than you think you do, I dont even know which government won which campaign let alone what their campaigns were or why they won or the state of the opposition!

Don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Just try your best, and try to learn as much as you can, starting from NOW!
    good luck
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't sit at the computer asking questions on TSR. Go now and start revising solidly for the next Few days. Break only to sleep, eat and go to the loo.

ReputationRep:
    Get rid of all distractions.
    If you have little will power get friends to change passwords on things like Facebook or even here (unless you just use it for sensible things like this) But make sure they are trustworthy friends, some have attempted to frape my account but failed
    You're worrying about it rather than just getting on with it and plowing on through your work -the worst thing you can do is sit and think about how little revision you've done as you'll just end up feeling crap with little motivation.
    I know, i find it so hard to revise as i really struggle to get any motivation, but good luck with your exam and if you're heading for an A then you've obviously got the brains to do it :yes:
    And i get what you mean about pressure - i've got 7 exams this month, i've got 5 more spread over the next 3 weeks.
    But rather than panicking just keep at it and think positively - grades aren't everything in life - authority just makes us think that tests and marks are what matter...they're not, you can still have an amazing and successful life without them. Unless your life long ambition is to be a brain surgeon - that might be kind of hard to do without grades tbh..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardy_4_paws)
    I don't know what to do, my history resit is on wednesday and I haven't done half the revision I should have done and even what I have done I don't seem to remember, I'm not sure if its because of my sheer lack of motivation or the fact that I am scared stiff about not getting the grade I need. If I don't get an A in this then I am risking my future university places and dissapointing my parents. I don't know what to do, they say take the up with the down and last year everything seemed to go my way but this year its as if the pressure has got to me and I just can't cope! Any suggestions for how to learn an entire course in 3 days when in 3 weeks I have failed miserably! And don't say you will know more than you think you do, I dont even know which government won which campaign let alone what their campaigns were or why they won or the state of the opposition!

Don't know what to do

ah im retaking history on wednesday toooo! unfortunately ive got a politics exam on the tuesday, so ive spent all my time revising for that cos i got told by my teacher i was gunna fail it again. so ive done no work for history. ima spend the WHOLE of tomorow revising. just do LOADS of past papers and read up on the stuff you dont know, maybe make a timeline? and just write everything into notes you gota stay positive, for the last couple of days i was adiment that was guna fail both exams, but now i dont think i will. stay positive

ReputationRep:
    You still have time if you manage it properly.
    Forget your other subjects until the exam's over, make a revision timetable and stick to it. Don't procrastinate. You can do it (:

ReputationRep:
    You can make it. I was the same last year, only a few days left before the exam no revision done, having got a D in the mock couple of months back. I thought I was f-ed. But I did a lot of reading from this site http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/ and ended up getting an A in Italian paper and B in English history (overall B but missed A by only 2 points so it's all good).
    DON'T take notes now, it will waste time at this stage since you're only a few days away, plus this aint like science where you need to remember long words so reading will be enough at this stage. Just read as much as you can on what you need to off that site and it will help trust me. Don't waste time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-rose)
    ah im retaking history on wednesday toooo! unfortunately ive got a politics exam on the tuesday, so ive spent all my time revising for that cos i got told by my teacher i was gunna fail it again. so ive done no work for history. ima spend the WHOLE of tomorow revising. just do LOADS of past papers and read up on the stuff you dont know, maybe make a timeline? and just write everything into notes you gota stay positive, for the last couple of days i was adiment that was guna fail both exams, but now i dont think i will. stay positive
    Are you sitting the sixties paper? It seems so irrelevant! When am I ever going to need to know about Labours election campaigns throughout the sixties or about Mary Quants fashion designs or Lady Chatterlys lover or any of it?! its remembering the quotes and structure I find hardest along with economic facts.....

wat about u? good luck with politics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardy_4_paws)
    Are you sitting the sixties paper? It seems so irrelevant! When am I ever going to need to know about Labours election campaigns throughout the sixties or about Mary Quants fashion designs or Lady Chatterlys lover or any of it?! its remembering the quotes and structure I find hardest along with economic facts.....

wat about u? good luck with politics!
    im not doing the 60's paper, im doing the role of women from 1900 to 1945. thing is i know why i failed the course first time round. ITS SO BORING. it completely bored me to death :'( so i never bothered with it...bad move
    i just cant do sources papers, everyone else seems to be able to do them. me= fail

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone, I did what you said and I think it went okay, now just a matter of waiting.... and waiting.... and waiting :P

ReputationRep:
    i think i did ok on the first question on my exam....but then epicly failed the second :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-rose)
    i think i did ok on the first question on my exam....but then epicly failed the second :|
    It probably is'nt as bad as you think! Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 26, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.