Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    My friend was telling me that he uses Palmers Cocoa Butter for his dry skin and he advised me to try it, I have dry skin round my nose and I have this cream but its yellow and it dries green so I occasionally end up with green skin around my nose and someone always comments on it.
    So I have some at home and was wondering if its safe to use on my face/round my nose?

I've read that some people use it all over their face to treat acne and its fine but i've also read that people don't advise it because it's not meant for your face and it will give you acne. So anyone know the truth?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I use it on my face all time. Obviously sparingly and it's fine.

I think it's too greasy really...

ReputationRep:
    My mum watched this programme saying that it was bad for spots so she advised me to stop using it. It smelled lovely though. :daydreaming: I have to say while I was using it it wasn't helping my skin at all. If you have dry skin you could try some E45 cream instead.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't use anything you use of your body on your face(except water), palmers cocoa butter may be too thick and rich for the face and congest pores. It's okay to use it on a little part of your face...if you start getting acne, use something lighter. You could also try using extra virgin olive oil or jojoba oil.

ReputationRep:
    e45 is the best I use to use it when i was younger for all them spots

ReputationRep:
    Probably too thick for the face really, though I suppose it can't harm too much to try is just it case - just be sure to use it very sparingly though.

E45, funny stuff.. makes my eczema worse. And doesn't really do a lot for my dry skin in general.

ReputationRep:
    Palmer's Cocoa Butter is not ever going to be good to treat acne, and at the same time it won't give you acne either. It's more likely to bring on outbreaks of spots than it is to clear up your spots, though!

I have very mild acne. In the colder months I get very dry skin but am still prone to spots, which is annoying because I never know which moisturiser I should use; oil-free moisturisers just don't seem to do the job.

I have used Palmer's on my face before because I didn't have anything else to use and it was fine. It helped to sort out my dry skin and didn't make me break out in spots. I was careful to use it sparingly, though, and only put it in the areas that really needed the moisture.

I tend to use E45 cream nowadays (again sparingly) when I have dry skin on my face, but it's a good idea to moisturise twice a day with an oil-free moisturiser to help guard your skin from getting dry in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clotheshorse)
    Palmer's Cocoa Butter is not ever going to be good to treat acne, and at the same time it won't give you acne either. It's more likely to bring on outbreaks of spots than it is to clear up your spots, though!

I have very mild acne. In the colder months I get very dry skin but am still prone to spots, which is annoying because I never know which moisturiser I should use; oil-free moisturisers just don't seem to do the job.

I have used Palmer's on my face before because I didn't have anything else to use and it was fine. It helped to sort out my dry skin and didn't make me break out in spots. I was careful to use it sparingly, though, and only put it in the areas that really needed the moisture.

I tend to use E45 cream nowadays (again sparingly) when I have dry skin on my face, but it's a good idea to moisturise twice a day with an oil-free moisturiser to help guard your skin from getting dry in the first place.
    Like simple moisturiser as its non-oily, fragrance free and for sensitive skin - the light version not the rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clotheshorse)
    Palmer's Cocoa Butter is not ever going to be good to treat acne, and at the same time it won't give you acne either.
    This. It's a cream designed to moisturise, why anyone would use it to treat acne I don't know.

Use it sparingly on your face if you want to moisturise. If you want something for acne, get a something specifically designed to treat acne.

LOL, at the person who posted anon just to say it's too greasy

ReputationRep:
    I tried some of the moisturising body lotion yesterday, put it on before I went to bed but in the morning it hadnt really done much so I need to get some of the proper stuff.

I also have this stuff called Hydramol which the doctor gave to me for when I was receiving light therapy (I suffer from polymorphic light eruption) and I never needed to use it then as my ive never really had dry skin. But its a lot like Vaseline its really nasty stuff, I put it on when I showered 6 hours ago and its still around my nose now, its not absorbing or drying up at all so im not sure what to do?

ReputationRep:
    I use Nivea because i always get really dry hands after a shower, dry face as well. Nivea works good, don't even have to use much, and I wipe off the excess with a towel.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd recommend Nivea too. I use that on my face everyday. Nice and soft and smooth, and not as strong smelling as cocoa butter.

ReputationRep:
    use e45 cream around your nose cos it's not greasy and won't give you spots.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.