Turn on thread page Beta

17 and never been kissed watch

Announcements

As the title says, i'm a 17 yr old girl who's never even kissed a guy. I go to an all girls school so I don't really meet guys, but all my friends get with guys all the time. I was I initially planning on having my 1st kiss with someone special but now I'm kinda desperate lol. I'm going to a party next w/e and i'm not sure whether I should get with some random guy just to get it over with, even though I'm not really that type of girl... Also if they're playing games like spin the bottle, I really wouldn't want my first kiss to be like that, but my friends seem to all assume I've already had it and since most of them have already lost their virginities I'd look a bit pathetic If I told them lol. So basically I don't know what to do, and sorry if this makes no sense :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As the title says, i'm a 17 yr old girl who's never even kissed a guy. I go to an all girls school so I don't really meet guys, but all my friends get with guys all the time. I was I initially planning on having my 1st kiss with someone special but now I'm kinda desperate lol. I'm going to a party next w/e and i'm not sure whether I should get with some random guy just to get it over with, even though I'm not really that type of girl... Also if they're playing games like spin the bottle, I really wouldn't want my first kiss to be like that, but my friends seem to all assume I've already had it and since most of them have already lost their virginities I'd look a bit pathetic If I told them lol. So basically I don't know what to do, and sorry if this makes no sense :/
    Personally I would wait until you met someone you really wanted to do it with. I wasn't even that attracted to the first girl I kissed, I just did it because of peer pressure. I wouldn't say I regretted it as it wasn't that big a deal but if I could have my time again, I'd probably save it until I met someone I actually liked. But then I suppose if you'd rather get some practice in before you want to do it with someone you actually like, then maybe that's an option too.

You're not pathetic though. I never lost my virginity until I was 23. There's no reason for your friends to know but even if they did find out, you've got nothing to be embarassed about or ashamed of. Some people might take the mick out of you but you're always going to get idiots like that, it's just part and parcel of life.

Also, I'm Christian and have always tried to avoid drunken parties before, but have decided to give it a try but from what everyone says they're just make-out fests lol and from the facebook event page none of the guys are particularly attractive and I don't know any of them :/

ReputationRep:
    Just do it when it feels right, simple as.
    Being 17 and not kissed a guy is FINE.

ReputationRep:
    PMing me is a simple solution :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: FFS it's not that big a deal, it'll happen when it happens. So stop worrying

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about being 17 and not being kissed. It's not unusual . I wouldn't recommend just getting drunk and getting it over with because I did that and actually I wish I hadn't now, especially if you originally you wanted to wait until you really liked someone

I'm a bloke and in a similar situation. Although it doesn't really affect me that much. I'm just content to wait for the right moment.
    On a slightly different note I don't really go to parties that often, that is what annoys me. Not that I'd actually do anything with someone at a party - I was just saying, I wish I went to more. I only usually find out they're happening until after they've happened.

My friend felt like that, she's 18, but nobody really cares if they're any older than about 14 XD If they are then they're not worth worrying about

ReputationRep:
    You sound like me. But to be honest, I would wait until I meet someone worthwhile and I am not ashamed of it and I don't think anyone should be. Everyone's time will come and we will get our first kisses :P

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't kissed yet then it isn't a bad thing. There are obviously reasons why it hasn't happened and that isn't a problem. To be honest, try and not to give into desperation because we do the stupidest thing when we are desperate, for example: kissing or having sex with someone they shouldn't.

You are still in college/sixthform and are still young, you got university to look forward to with loads of opportunities to find a nice boy and have your first kiss with.

One piece of advice, don't out of the relief of finally getting a kiss tell the boy that it was your first time kissing :p: better to leave it to their imagination because that could kill the vibe loool

ReputationRep:
    17??????

That's nothing.

ReputationRep:
    i was 17 for my first kiss =L

... mainly because i was really addicted to online games such as runescape/world-of-warcraft etc from 10-17 though, I've dropped all that **** now o_o

I had kiss-rape (tongue forced into mouth) when I was about 16 which wasn't pleasant, so I don't count it

I was 17 and had never had a proper kiss or a proper boyfriend and I was a virgin.

And about 2 months before turning 18 I got my first kiss with my boyfriend - and he was nothing but sweet even though I was so nervous about it It was not a big deal, and you're not a freak OP.

We were both absolutely **** at kissing (me for never having tried it, him for only practicing drunk) and it was still fun and we got better.

Please stop worrying. Don't lose it drunk at a party or you run the risk of encountering what is politely referred to as a washing machine.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it! Your time will come, so don't force it to come!

ReputationRep:
    Well,,,
    Im 17 and no offence, to not have kissed a guy yet is a bit funny (not haha)
    Like, a kiss is not a big deal, fair enough the whole sex element may be to some people but honestly, a kiss doesn't matter...
    I cant even remember who my first kiss may have been with, its not that that matters
    xo

ReputationRep:
    The first time I actually had a proper kiss with a girl wasn't until March last year by which time I was almost 19.

Don't panic.

ReputationRep:
    I was 17 (I'm 19 now) when I had my first kiss, it happens, I found it tends to happen when you don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost 19 and not had a proper kiss , don't worry about it, it's fine

ReputationRep:

If it makes you feel any better OP, I'm 19 and haven't either.

I too went to an all girls for the past 7 years, so I know how it is...

And now I'm at Uni, I was expecting some talent, but no, big disappointment lol, but hey that's life right?

Don't do it because all your friends have, it has to special and not because of peer pressure, don't worry, it'll happen when it happens

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.