English... groan... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Blush Babe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I am a quiet, not confident person and I NEED help on my english speech and listening GCSE task!! im a writing person NOT a speaking person!! we have to 'discuss our future career plans' for about 5 minutes...
we should explain, argue and... our teacher is VIDEOING us!!!
please gimme some tips.
blush babe
[email protected]
THANKS
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Helps if you can do something witty, that way you get the class supporting you and reassuring you when you are making your speech. Perhaps refer to something familiar to the class or something.

HTH
toby
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Well personally I'm not really suffering from this problem.. in junior high I used to be kind of nervous when I had presentations and they were always too short. Now after I've spent 3 years in the IB diploma programme I have had so many oral presentations that I can't count them.. it simply doesn't matter for me any more if I speak to 2 persons or 20.

So I guess practise makes perfect eh?

Anyways.. if I were you I'd prepare myself so I know what to say, so you won't begin stuttering. If you are allowed to you could jug down some notes on a piece of paper in case you forget what to say.

Make the others take an active part in the discussion, that way you will get extra points for being interactive in the discussion, as well as it'll be easier to do the thing..

Believe me.. 5 minutes is nothing.. once you get used to it you'll wonder how to get it down to ONLY 5 min.. nowadays I have 45 min presentations.. no sweat..

Good luck
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.48%
Excited (165)
9.36%
Worried (308)
17.47%
Terrified (389)
22.06%
Meh (182)
10.32%
Confused (38)
2.16%