Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

right, here's my body, now dress me! :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wow you look like that Bella girl from Twilight - Kristen or something
    Look up on clothes to wear for apple shapes - Trinny & Susannah kind of websites have loads of hints

ReputationRep:
    I love how fed-up you look.

ReputationRep:
    I'd much rather undress you to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    i'd wee on you.

ReputationRep:
    Take everything off then I'll see which piece of clothing fit you.

ReputationRep:
    Typical TSR guys commenting about the OP's looks rather than answering the question :P

An empire waist dress will flatter your body shape and can be so so girly/pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    I'd say you're more appleshapped?
    Just what every girl wants to hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloecouture)
    thankyou!
    It is all true! you are very welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    I had a play around on polyvore on behalf of you.

Thought the nipped in at the waist, shoulder covering, plain top and funky short skirt combination would work really well for your figure, as you have a pretty small waist by the looks of it, and take it from me being 5ft, those skirts and that length help to elongate your legs.

Have a go on polyvore yourself - it lets you create "sets", outfits and the like, from pictures of high-street and designer clothing.
    Thank u for this, I actually looked at that black and white skirt/dress and wasn't sure I had the right body shape, might try it on Will have a go on that site too, thanks.

Lella_m thanks for that, very interesting read.

And thanks to everybody else, I wasn't expecting nice responses :p:

ReputationRep:
    You have a BEAUTIFUL ....... xbox controller

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nase14_aldayz)
    I love how fed-up you look.
    haha I know. Long night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloecouture)
    You have an immensely pretty face.
    Aw thank you

ReputationRep:
    I dunno - i'ma dude:o: but you definatly get points for having an xbox :p:

ReputationRep:
    I used this and it hasn't failed me yet: http://gok.channel4.com/
    I have a pretty similar build to you :3

ReputationRep:
    Why aren't you naked? :mad:

Good pic, taken after a long night eh? Oh I'll give you a long night oh right :awesome:
    Don't be mistaken, I'm well out of your league but I'll let you get down and do the horizontal boogie with the king of pies babay :wink2:

Okay now for the constructive input, leave the legs bare (or if you're feeling kinky then put on stockings) long see through glass heels, remove the cardigan, remove the top, remove the bra....then just take off the stockings that you just put on.

You can thank me later :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Nice.... computer.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of sexual inuendo and provocation in this thread is quite disturbing :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fearny1989)
    I'm sick of going on nights out and wearing things that just do not flatter my body shape. I've decided to bite the bullet and post a pic of me in one of said unflattering (and just not very nice!) outfits, in the hopes someone knows something that would suit me better. I find it so difficult because I like to keep my arms and legs covered, but don't want to look like a granny warpped up for winter! I've lost a little bit of weight since then but the body shape is pretty much the same...I may take another photo tomorrow if needed/I can be bothered.

P.S. this photo has been taken at the end of a long night and is horrific, please don't judge! :p:

P.P.S...some people have mentioned I look apple shaped, but I'm not so sure...in measurements my bust and hips are quite similar...and I don't really have a belly, but I do have big hips...does this constitute an apple shape? If it does thats fine I just want to check before I start dressing for it lol.

I think that any guy when looking at the photo of you spots the xbox controller his adoration for you goes sky high! ps , you look really nice i would say dress in what you feel good in as no smart guy could say your ugly or would be daft enough to complain about what your wearing!

ReputationRep:
    Dress you is that last thing I want to do :sexface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could look that good in 'horrific' pictures :p:

I'm probably repeating what others have said, but I'd go for outfits with the following:
    - neat and uncluttered waists, possibly with a waistband to finish off, but not a bulky belt.
    - flared skirts to balance your shoulders, and I'd keep them fairly short because you have good legs
    - nothing too baggy on your torso, else you'll risk losing your waist
    - flared or wide-leg trousers with a simple, dark top.
    - necklines like the one in the picture... nothing too high.
    - darker, plainer tops, and paler bottoms.
    - fitted and neat on the shoulders... loose or bulky things might make you look less in proportion.

I tend to go for bum-length or longer jackets, because anything ending near my hips or waist makes me lose my shape. I think it's worth experimenting when it comes to investments like a good jacket. This is also why I go for big jeans - they balance out wider shoulders, and you can still look slim by wearing a tidy top.

I am not keen on all the big bangles - I think having so many of them shortens your arms, and they might look more elegant with less or lighter jewellery.

It depends how you feel about your neck, but putting your hair up might also look nice.

It would be useful to see another picture, since I might be misjudging you but I hope the suggestions are relevant anyway

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.