Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you had an ECG, x-ray or ultrasound in the past 6 months? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, firstly huge apologies if this is in the right place, had an internal debate over where to place this! Feel free to move to a place you feel appropiate

Basically i'm wondering if you've had an ecg, x-ray or ultrasound in the past 6 months if you're willing to PM me with your experience and ask some questions towards my assignment.

My assignment is about the technology and patient experience of diagnostic techniques, and part of this is using a case study. It will be totally anonymous and any information such as your name, location will not be used just your gender and age and the information about your experience.

I'll ask questions such as whether it was referred by your GP, or as an inpatient in hospital, what lead up to you having the procedure, ie symptoms you presented with your GP, or in A&E, your understanding of the procedure before you had it done, and information you were given before and during. Plus I may enquire as to how you're doing now, after care you recieved and the diagnosis that may or may not have been made.

I will offer rep to the one i use as i understand its time consuming, plus it's discussing with a stranger what could be sensitive information.

Anyway, if you want to help out and have a story to tell, please PM me with the basic details such as your age, gender, why you had the procedure, what the result was!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've had a ECG, X-Ray and MRI [not on list but meh]

ReputationRep:
    I've had an ECG

ReputationRep:
    Ive had an ECG, unltrasound , xray and mri

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggsy's Girl)
    I've had an ECG

feel free to email me

PM'd :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I had to take my own ECG, it was quite a strange moment in a way. Wasn't as part of a hospital environment though so might not be relevent to you.

If you need any help with the technological side of things then feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    I had an X-Ray on my foot between Christmas and New Year, after having came off my moped -_-

I took them 4 doctors to work out whether my foot was broken. It wasn't, I just have an abnormal foot :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick thanks to those who have emailed in so far, i've tried to reply to everyone! However please don't be put off to PM me any case is interesting, thanks again guys!!!

ReputationRep:
    I might have had an ECG...:erm:

I've had two things, one where they stuck things over my chest plus one of my ankes, and one where there was a lot of gel, again on the chest?

ReputationRep:
    PMing now.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.