Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i was just wondering how common it is to have sex with someone your sharing a flat/block with?
    Because, i was planning on doing this but then i thought, would it become awkward?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

i was just wondering how common it is to have sex with someone your sharing a flat/block with?
    Because, i was planning on doing this but then i thought, would it become awkward?

Don't do it :p:
    It's really a bad idea.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Depends on whether you both know and accept what you are both looking for.

ReputationRep:
    NOOOO dont do it...it becomes really awkward after a while
    2 ppl in my flat got together and trust me their friendship is not the same as when they first met..

ReputationRep:
    Only do it if she's really hot or different that it would be worth the possibility of you having to move out later.

ReputationRep:
    Its very common, and is more often than not a very bad idea, especially this early in the uni year.

ReputationRep:
    Say it goes wrong and ends badly, ask yourself is it really worth all the drama and awkwardness just for a shag?

As they say 'Don't **** on your own doorstep'. There's probably loads of other people who you can have space away from if it all goes tits up. Comprendre?

ReputationRep:
    For a second I thought the title was 'Sex with fat mate'.

In which case my reply would have been; just, no.

But, because that wasn't the title, I have no useful input.

Regards, James.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James')
    For a second I thought the title was 'Sex with fat mate'.

In which case my reply would have been; just, no.

But, because that wasn't the title, I have no useful input.

Regards, James.
    :zomg: Eew you sicko that sig is minging!!

OP- only do it if you think the one time won't make everything really awquard

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your relationship with them. If you're really friendly and flirty with them and you're naturally attracted to them and could potentially lead to more or maybe just a one time mutual thing that you're both happy with, then it might not be as awkward as say, if you didn't really know them that well but just thought they were hot.

Yeah for me it went a bit wrong. Was quite attracted to the guy, slept with him 3 or 4 times overall, but I guess I kinda decided I didn't really like him as much as I thought, and kissed another guy ... and he saw.

So now he's seeing another girl. I feel a bit stuuupid. But it's not too awkward between us. He says he still likes me, but oh well, I'm over that one!!

I heard another story about a girl who slept with her flatmate on the first night of uni. She got SO much ridicule and stick for it that she moved out her accomodation after a while cos she was so embarrassed.

ReputationRep:
    A bit awkward. But you can deal with it! If you're mates I don't really see the issue, you can just laugh it off. I slept with my friend once and it just made us closer really.

Things like that are only really awkward if you're actually seeing each other and then it goes sour but you still have to see each other every day. Or I guess if it's the night you moved in and you literally don't know each other...

It did it last year and it certainly made things very awkward! I lived with both him and his girlfriend and I'm a man! He didn't sit up watching Later with Jools Holland and getting drunk with me on a saturday night again whilst his missus was home visiting the parents!

ReputationRep:
    Speaking from experience, don't go there. Just not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    depends if anything is going to come of it. my sis did with her flat mate and they're now going out and have been for 3 years

ReputationRep:
    In my first year, I had sex a few times with a housemate and it was all gd. Just a bit of fun, and we still get on as well as we always had. I reckon it depends on wether you two have the right personalities to deal with the situation (to maintain that its just sex and a source of mutual fun).

ReputationRep:
    Dont do it your gonna make things weird not everyone can handle that

ReputationRep:
    It depends how flat your mate is. If he/she is really flat, maybe get him/her to see a doctor first, flatness can be a sign of several STIs

ReputationRep:
    Its not worth it, I did it and we ******* hate each other now, not to mention she moved out and divided our friends.

ReputationRep:
    my god a bet the flat mate has no idea about ur plans or u wouldn't be talking ab
    bout it. Its a bad idea for god sakes anyone with a brain can c that . When u both mite start bringing ppl home how weird will that be .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.