Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls - have you ever been scared of bf? watch

Have you ever been intimidated or scared of your boyfriend? Has your boyfriend ever been aggressive towards you in anger or lost his temper and got up close in your face?

Not hitting, no violence, but very aggressive and stuff like getting you up against a wall and saying angry things? Have you forgiven him after? would you tolerate it because you can understand he's just angry and it's all in the heat of the moment? Or would you not accept that sort of behaviour?

anybody been in this position before? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    No.
    I wouldn't accept that sort of behaviour at all personally.

ReputationRep:
    You should never be with a guy like that.

ReputationRep:
    No
    Would not tolerate any of it FULL STOP- no one with dignity and self-respect should!

ReputationRep:
    I'm only scared of him in the very rare occasions he gets a bit of road rage. But only because I'm generally scared of being in a car..

I agree, you should never have to be scared of someone who should be so close to you.

ReputationRep:
    no guy should behave like that towards a girl, even if he's angry. being angry is fine but expressing anger towards a girl physically is NOT.

ReputationRep:
    I lose my temper very quickly, with anybody. But when I am super angry I just leave and stop contact for at least a week before I end up doing something I'll regret. Knowing my girlfriend she'd either burst into tears there and then or slap me and say it's over.

Either way, I prefer just being away. Shaking a girl up like that is not cool.

ReputationRep:
    i had i boyfriend tht i was scared to argue with we always did everything he wanted to do he wanted tae have sex right away but i said no to tht and he dumped me i was so angry at him but kind of glad in a way opened my eyes up

These are the kind of jerk behaviours that women seem to love.

ReputationRep:
    no, but if it did happen i wouldn't tolerate it at all!
    i would dump him there and then.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, he knows I'm not a push over lol...if a man does that to you, he doesn't respect you....if you still want to be with him, I'd suggest punishing him, like not talk to him for a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    "getting you up against a wall" - in what way?

ReputationRep:
    I bet rihanna was

ReputationRep:
    That's appauling behaviour from him. That would be the last straw for me, if you let it go this time with the excuse that he was just angry, next time he might not be able to stop himself from lashing out. Living in fear of what he could do in the heat of the moment is not something anyone should have to tolerate in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't tolerate any intimidation. I'd be straight out of my relationship if my boyfriend got angry to the point of causing me any fear at all.

One time, my ex and I were together, and we got all ready to have sex. Then she said no.
    I completely lost it.
    So I went and walked away.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...it's a very scary and confusing situation to be in. In the moment it's best to back down. Once things have cooled off you need to let him know that it simply isn't going to be accepted. Otherwise there's always a chance for escalation.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, not really. Not saying me and him haven't squared up to each other but he knows his boundaries and I know mine. Me and him have an idea how far we can push each other until it actually gets serious.

ReputationRep:
    ;0 ;0

My ex would lose his cool quite regularly and start smashing things up, it got very scary sometimes because in that frame of mind I'm sure it's just as easy to turn violent towards me as it is to break his own stuff. He only ever hit me once and not very hard. But it was still a smack and I didn't forget it. Thank god I'm not with him anymore.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.