Turn on thread page Beta

why muslim and hindu relationships are hard... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Everything will be alright in the end and if it isn't, then the film hasn't ended yet my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shivvling)
    Everything will be alright in the end and if it isn't, then the film hasn't ended yet my friend.

yeah, not a bad thing to believe in happy endings..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    ...Although I wouldnt advise you to keep to any kind of hope of it working out with this guy. I'm a hindu and trust me, we dont adopt the religion, we are born hindus and we don't convert for relationships sake. You'll have to forget him. What to say ... told u so .. where religion is involved, love cannot prevail.

Marriage between different religions is inadvisable at best - even if you and the other person are willing to not bring religion into it, there will eventually be kids and then you must choose for them what you decide to teach them.

Anyone who does not see this coming up as an issue - especially if one of the people is Muslim is deluded, no two ways about it.

I also think it is stupid to stop believing in God because you decided to have a relationship with a non muslim.

ReputationRep:
    stop fooling yourself - you have already thrown three years of your life and much more away.

If your parents are not happy with him, it WILL remain an issue.

A friend got married against her parents wishes and later she had a child who died a few months to a year later. Died slowly and was in intensive care for a good few months after contracting some virus.

Very upsetting stuff, but her parents still never even talked to her - more the rest of her family was forced to choose sides.

They may have been in the wrong, but you have to ask yourself that when things are bad, do you want them to be there or not?

No words of comfort will make her feel less destroyed then her own parents not having the mercy to attend even the funeral of their own grand child. (fyi, both were muslim in this case, so there was less - even nothing - for them to make an issue of.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1chunk)
    don't you ever think how you were created ? look into the human body, how perfect and amazing it is. etc surely there is someone behind all this ? it can't just have been a miracle. Just like an amazing building with amazing features inside can not come about on it's own.
    I am a Muslim my self ,birthplace medina saudi arabia (keep saying that in every somewhat muslim related thread)anyways.. seriously who are you tell her/him such and such created that, its pretty obvious to one.There is a verse in Holy Quran surah al-kafiruun which clearly states there is no compulsion in relilgion.Coming back to the topic well.. he dumped you in the end either due to your religion (although you are not religious as you mentioned earlier) or its probably someones else's turn on his list.Its not like the end of the world or something cheer-up live like there is no tomorrow .
    Adios

ReputationRep:
    Muslim and Sikh/Hindu relationships almost never work out if both parents or atleast one set are even remotley religious.

ReputationRep:
    So i broke with my bf yesterday, apparantly there wasn't any point in continuing the relationship if we weren't going to get married.And the idea of marrying him was out of the question, as he realised that he loves his parents more than he loves me. So it lasted 3 years, most amazing 3 years..
    This really saddened me as something quite similar happened with me...
    All I can say is keep in touch with him, who knows what will happen in the future. When me and my muslim gf went out it brought us closer to each other and even though we have broken up she still means almost everything to me.

I talk to her pretty much daily now and I still hope that one day we'll be together without her feeling any guilt. So yea just stay in good contact with him and hope that he'll one day realise he's just been another victim of religious brainwashing.

I hope everything works out for the best for you OP. If you need to talk to someone about it PM me.

a few questions out of curiosity;

1) to the sikhy's that have posted why are sikhy's anti muslim (im muslim my self!) i find it a bit confundling because correct me if im wrong isnt sikhism a mix of islam and hinduism? dont you have muslim scholars who have written in your book?

2) to the person who said there mum would let them marry anyone apart from a amuslim: thats fair enough but surely the same should apply to Christian or Jew

to Nutta, poor girl good on you for being a trooper hopefully youll find your self someone who your just as happy with

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

1) to the sikhy's that have posted why are sikhy's anti muslim (im muslim my self!) i find it a bit confundling because correct me if im wrong isnt sikhism a mix of islam and hinduism? dont you have muslim scholars who have written in your book?

2) to the person who said there mum would let them marry anyone apart from a amuslim: thats fair enough but surely the same should apply to Christian or Jew

to Nutta, poor girl good on you for being a trooper hopefully youll find your self someone who your just as happy with

xxx
    1) Mainly because when the partition of 1945 in India happened, many Sikhs sided with the hindu's, and because of this, many were killed during the formation of Pakistan, formally called Greater Punjab.
    The muslims killed the Sikhs and vice versa... and I would NOT ADVISE a Muslim/Sikh marrige, like not at all LOL.The Dad's would probably start killing each other tbh:rolleyes:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Muslim-Hindu marriages occur more often than you might think.

Shah Rukh Khan is a famous Bollywood actor. He got married Gauri Chibber. She is an Indian girl and Hindu. Shah Rukh Khan is a Muslim but he married a Hindu lady. Their marriage is a success but it is totally illegal from Islamic point of view. They have two children, a son and a daughter. These two children are also illegal from Islamic point of view because Islamic claw of marriage does not allow a Muslim male to marry a woman who is no-Muslim but they allow him to marry a Jewish or Christian female.

another Bollywood example is Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne Khan, and they have two sons.
    You might have heard of these couples.
    However both couple were originally from India, how about you and your boyfriend, are you descendants of the same country? I don't even know where I am going with this lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J DOT A)
    1) Mainly because when the partition of 1945 in India happened, many Sikhs sided with the hindu's, and because of this, many were killed during the formation of Pakistan, formally called Greater Punjab.
    The muslims killed the Sikhs and vice versa... and I would NOT ADVISE a Muslim/Sikh marrige, like not at all LOL.The Dad's would probably start killing each other tbh:rolleyes:
    I actually know of a few Sikh girl/Muslim guy couples... they're inevitably going to have to face this problem soon.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, life sucks like that.

hard to fight against situational problems.

(Original post by RVNmax)
    Muslim-Hindu marriages occur more often than you might think.

Shah Rukh Khan is a famous Bollywood actor. He got married Gauri Chibber. She is an Indian girl and Hindu. Shah Rukh Khan is a Muslim but he married a Hindu lady. Their marriage is a success but it is totally illegal from Islamic point of view. They have two children, a son and a daughter. These two children are also illegal from Islamic point of view because Islamic claw of marriage does not allow a Muslim male to marry a woman who is no-Muslim but they allow him to marry a Jewish or Christian female.

another Bollywood example is Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne Khan, and they have two sons.
    You might have heard of these couples.
    However both couple were originally from India, how about you and your boyfriend, are you descendants of the same country? I don't even know where I am going with this lol

LOL yes because Bollywood relationships is representative of strict religious families in the UK :rolleyes:

(Original post by Anonymous)

xxx
    You're wrong in SO many ways.

ReputationRep:
    Thats why im waiting for him to come back if he does that is.

Seriously - get over it.

You're what 18-19? There will be others.

Family and religion, especially Muslim - Hinduism is doomed to failure.

Why even build your hopes up, oh he might return

ReputationRep:
    So i broke with my bf yesterday, apparantly there wasn't any point in continuing the relationship if we weren't going to get married.And the idea of marrying him was out of the question, as he realised that he loves his parents more than he loves me. So it lasted 3 years, most amazing 3 years..

Im obviously upset, I'm not going to deny that I didn't know what i was letting myself in for, i guess I got more and more naive as the years went by.

I think he's been a bit stupid, and just thought his mum and dad would be fine with it.. but he's realised kinda too late. Especially when feelings deep deep feelings get involved.

The long distance thing aswel, its hard coming back up and down from London...

Im supposed to be muslim, he's hindu so It was never going to be the
    right thing to do.. I have to grateful for the time we have had.

Im not looking for advice, just some thoughts I guess.

How can you be someone's friend, when you've had an actively sexual, loving and intense relationship... with them?

I'm all cried out now- yep I need to get over it, move on and stop being so ... " he's the one". Maybe I need to be more careful with who I fall in love with.. stick to the "right" kind. Or maybe he just simply didn't love me enough...(which is very true- otherwise we would stick by each other till the very end)..

I have a pet name for him its hard to lose that "thing" and the little things you said to each other...

My coping strategy is usually to just blank people- thats the worst thing. Just not talk to him, I can't remember a day where I haven't not spoken to him!

I just want and needed to blow off steam..
    oh my gosh, dont worry, i am in the exact same position! except im hindu and he is sikh lol
    we have not broken up yet, its been 2 yrs so far, but know that the day is going to come soon! :eek3:
    The thing which annoys me, which I think you may also feel is, surely if they have stuck by you for this long, how can they even think about marrying somebody else. Why do they not have the balls to stick up to their parents and just say what they want. Asian parents all seem to be more worried about what society thinks than how their own children feel.
    However, even though you are going to find it really hard initially, and absolutely EVERYTHING! will remind you of him, you just need to realise that if he can't stand up about his love for you to his own parents then he really isn't worth it. I know as asian children we have to respect our parents like God but I think times are changing now and there shouldnt be such a big divide between the religions.
    I wouldn't totally blank him because that would mean you loose a really good friend! Stay as friends, but not as close because otherwise all your feelings of love and lust etc will be stirred up again.
    I hope you find someone which will keep you just as happy and please both your parent

ReputationRep:
    Wait..I've just realised something.

Why don't YOU 'convert' to Hinduism? for the sake of his family?

or do you care about fam too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kisskoli)
    Why do they not have the balls to stick up to their parents and just say what they want.
    Missing the point much?

Do you realise Muslims are very prepared to totally disown their children if this happened?

I've seen a few couples who have have departed from their families because they disowned them.

It comes down to a choice a lot of the time, her or the family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    Missing the point much?

Do you realise Muslims are very prepared to totally disown their children if this happened?

I've seen a few couples who have have departed from their families because they disowned them.

I am aware of that, but it should still by worth trying. This however, ideally should be adressed before emotions become too deep ...and too much time has passed. If the couple are fully aware that there is no way they can have each other and their family, then they should not pretend that they can spend their life together otherwise they will be too far in love. I know it is easier said than done! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    Missing the point much?

I read your quote but it can't be true for third generation UK Asian families.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruciform)
    I read your quote but it can't be true for third generation UK Asian families.
    I don't know what gen they are but I have seen it happen to not be so naive as to think familys will just come round to it

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2012
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.