Turn on thread page Beta

why muslim and hindu relationships are hard... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiderP1g)
    It's hard for Hindus to mary outside their caste, never mind outside their religion.
    this is total bull....i know lots of Hindus married to Christians, Buddhist etc.
    Hindus don't really care who they married to except most don't go for Muslims i think.

ReputationRep:
    That's like the most doomed combination ever.
    I'm muslim and I know muslims married to christians and jews. I only know one muslim MAN married to a hindu girl. It just wouldn't seem acceptable to more traditional folks for their muslim girl to get married to a hindu boy. Honour and all that bull.

IMO, it shouldn't really matter. Marry whoever you want. You always know with a hindu-muslim couple there's hardly ever going to be a happy ending.
    OP already said she doesn't really believe in God, if you don't care too much about your family and they're not too tradition then elope. Most cases, 5 yrs apart, you'll be forgiven and welcomed back. Back to normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priority)
    this is total bull....i know lots of Hindus married to Christians, Buddhist etc.
    Hindus don't really care who they married to except most don't go for Muslims i think.
    ahah! besides all that, the cast system is long gone. that was like 200 years ago, and no one give a toss about the cast system.. especially in the UK.. indians don't go up to other indians and ask .. "are you a bhraman.. no no, my child is not good enough for you.."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    Im supposed to be muslim, he's hindu so It was never going to be the
    right thing to do.. I have to grateful for the time we have had.
    I'm sure he was just using u. I mean he is a hindu he obviously knows his parents won't let him marry someone from another religion. He must have thought ur relationship was going to be temporary like until the girl friend stage not wife. And now he would have broke the story that he loves his parents more than u because his parents might hav found a girl to marry him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he was just using u. I mean he is a hindu he obviously knows his parents won't let him marry someone from another religion. He must have thought ur relationship was going to be temporary like until the girl friend stage not wife. And now he would have broke the story that he loves his parents more than u because his parents might hav found a girl to marry him.
    mate, i don't know what world you come from, but not all indians and hindu's have arranged marrage if that's what you are implying.

That statement is wrong in so many ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz Shah)
    mate, i don't know what world you come from, but not all indians and hindu's have arranged marrage if that's what you are implying.
    In this case it looks like an arrange marriage for sure. The guy suddenly says to the girl that he loves his parents more and stops the relationship. And 3 years hav gone so far. So it looks like his parents must be like forcing him to marry someone they found. By the way, what makes u think his Indian? He could be a Malaysian or a Sri lankan. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That statement is wrong in so many ways.
    Why did you reply as Anonymous??? Why u hiding urself? Coz people in TSR would judge you? Or maybe ur a Muslim and you dont want others to know ur a Muslim?

ReputationRep:
    Why did you reply as Anonymous??? Why u hiding urself? Coz people in TSR would judge you? Or maybe ur a Muslim and you dont want others to know ur a Muslim?
    Again a very wrong, misjudged post suggesting that i'm ashamed of my religion? No mate, I'm proud to be muslim.

Truthfully, I was anonymous because I'm not a very involved poster in the forums, infact I very recently started to post and I thought my opinion would've been belittled for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Some kids are so stupid thinking the relationships they'll have now will lead to marriage. That only happens once in a blue moon, OP your boyfriend is just plain stupid.

Religion isn't directly the problem here, it's that he thinks you can't get married (because of your religion). But presumably he couldn't have been so religious because he did go out with a non muslim, which means the reason he's left you is because he genuinely believes the relationship he'll have at this age will lead to marriage :sigh: so naive and stupid.

It baffles me how people start relationships in the knowledge that they're not the same religion and then end up breaking up because of this same reason.
    The OP is the Muslim, the hindu dumped her. Other way round :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I just came out of such relationship too, except its inverted as im the muslim and she's the hindu. She was too scared to tell her parents Wasted a year of my life and im so down i cant explain :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaZzAa)
    oh by the way a film regarding a muslim and hindu being married will be on channel 4 tomorrow ( i think ). It's called JODHA AKBAR. Very good film in my opinion (it even has a spartan "sending someone over the edge of a "cliff" to thier death" moment :P )
    Thanks
    need to watch that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouz)
    The OP is the Muslim, the hindu dumped her. Other way round :tongue:
    I realised after :yep:
    The principle's the same though, a religious muslim isn't any different to a religious hindu...in that they both strongly believe in their respective religions and practice it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    I realised after :yep:
    The principle's the same though, a religious muslim isn't any different to a religious hindu...in that they both strongly believe in their respective religions and practice it.
    Sorry :tongue:

and you use the :yes: emoticon too often..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaZzAa)
    Again a very wrong, misjudged post suggesting that i'm ashamed of my religion? No mate, I'm proud to be muslim.

Truthfully, I was anonymous because I'm not a very involved poster in the forums, infact I very recently started to post and I thought my opinion would've been belittled for that matter.
    LOL...ahhh I stand corrected you are a Muslim. Shape...no problem...I didn't say you are ashamed of your religion. I just said that so I knew you will expose yourself by replyin which worked. Anyway buddy, don't post as anonymous just coz you don't want to be involved, you will be warned by the moderators I think its against some TSR rule thingy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouz)
    Sorry :tongue:

and you use the :yes: emoticon too often..
    I do don't I? :erm: I've noticed it myself...

:yep:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Such a sad sight to see religion dictate peoples relationships like this

ReputationRep:
    In this case it looks like an arrange marriage for sure. The guy suddenly says to the girl that he loves his parents more and stops the relationship. And 3 years hav gone so far. So it looks like his parents must be like forcing him to marry someone they found. By the way, what makes u think his Indian? He could be a Malaysian or a Sri lankan. :cool:
    on behalf of the person u just quoted:
    they said indian because op said he was guji- which is gujarati. Gujarat is a state in india

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kisskoli)
    on behalf of the person u just quoted:
    they said indian because op said he was guji- which is gujarati. Gujarat is a state in india
    oh honest mistake. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haft_Hasht_Shish)
    Lemme guess - Indian Hindu Male & Bengali Muslim Female?

Anyway, you should have known what you were letting yourself in for..
    this doesnt have anything to with the OP, but why do people believe Bengalis aren't Indians. Half of the Bengali population is Indian, seeing as half of the region of Bengal is in India.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2012
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.