Turn on thread page Beta

why muslim and hindu relationships are hard... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    I do don't I? :erm: I've noticed it myself...

:yep:

:awesome:
    Yeah, i used to do the same on a different forum a long time ago.

:yes: and :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J DOT A)
    Sos but, you know your name LOL... isn't that from Rang De Basanti:P or a quote said from Uddam Singh or someone?
    sorry for randomness:P
    Erm well the slogan was used quite a lot during the rebellion, I'm not too sure if it was Uddam Singh in particular...But yes it's mentioned in RDB, which is one of my favourite movies!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjs17)
    this doesnt have anything to with the OP, but why do people believe Bengalis aren't Indians. Half of the Bengali population is Indian, seeing as half of the region of Bengal is in India.
    I assume because they are not? Well ok, Bengali's ARE Indians if they're from West Bengal. You believe 'East Bengal' should have remained part of India? Or would it have been better if both Bengals had became one unified country (aka "Bengalistan" lol) but then you got the religious divide....

Maybe I should have phrased it 'Bangladeshi Muslim female'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haft_Hasht_Shish)
    I assume because they are not? Well ok, Bengali's ARE Indians if they're from West Bengal. You believe 'East Bengal' should have remained part of India? Or would it have been better if both Bengals had became one unified country (aka "Bengalistan" lol) but then you got the religious divide....

Maybe I should have phrased it 'Bangladeshi Muslim female'?
    yes thats what i meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priority)
    LOL...ahhh I stand corrected you are a Muslim. Shape...no problem...I didn't say you are ashamed of your religion. I just said that so I knew you will expose yourself by replyin which worked. Anyway buddy, don't post as anonymous just coz you don't want to be involved, you will be warned by the moderators I think its against some TSR rule thingy.
    Was reading some of your posts regarding the topic, well I knew we weren't going to make it, before we even started going out. However, he was negative towards my attitude about our relationship and reassured that we could make it till the end. Following a series of events tht occured 2 months ago he has realised that he couldn't just leave his family. I disagree on the whole he was "using me", I didn't expect more from him, but I guess I that started to want this relationship to become more than just a realtionship. Its backfired on me more, I should have been more consitently cautious.

But yeah I do get what you mean, you could have been.. but I think he geuinely thought he wouldnt care about his family when of course he did. IT was my fault to think anything more of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've had a very similar experience. To bring a different perspective:

Muslims are taught to love God more than anything (more than their parents, children, thier wife, etc). They are brought up with this concept from a very early age and it can be extremely hard to break this concept in one decision for a love. Yes, he may have fallen deeply in love but he would be risking his own religion, his family and everyone who knows him for one girl. Although that would be very romantic of him and very loyal of him but at a fairly teenage sort of age how can he support a loved one on his own, wihout any help and at the same time have the pressure of being disowned by pretty much everyone he knows.

From my experience I have had to let go. Although I really miss her and love her I have to live in the belief that I've served my God.

Also (I dont mean to offend in anyway), ask yourself, if you love him beyond belief, would you be willing to convert religion? You see now that is one difficult decision and a similar sort of difficulty that he may be going through.
    Im not religous- so I'm not too bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    Was reading some of your posts regarding the topic, well I knew we weren't going to make it, before we even started going out. However, he was negative towards my attitude about our relationship and reassured that we could make it till the end. Following a series of events tht occured 2 months ago he has realised that he couldn't just leave his family. I disagree on the whole he was "using me", I didn't expect more from him, but I guess I that started to want this relationship to become more than just a realtionship. Its backfired on me more, I should have been more consitently cautious.

But yeah I do get what you mean, you could have been.. but I think he geuinely thought he wouldnt care about his family when of course he did. IT was my fault to think anything more of it...
    so Sharmi I guess this is the point where I say forget about everything. Get over it. Find some other guy....obviously there are lots out there! hav fun!

ReputationRep:

Its CRAZY how this forum helped me. LOL I am a muslim girl... and lately me and this guy (whos hindu) have been talking as friends.. and I've noticed that I really like him and he's made similar gestures to show that he is intrested. However, after reading all of this, I am extremely discouraged. Because I know that he has the qualities that I look for in a person, whom I would have a long-term relationship with. But after reading this.. its almost as if I've been pulled back into "real world". I've come to realize that if i do decide to pursue my feeling for him sooner or later disappointment awaits for the both of us. I rather just keep him as a close friend and wish the best for him. :/

ReputationRep:
    Its not the end of the world, guys. Take Sharukh Khan for example. He is a Muslim, his wife is a Hindu. None of them converted.

Its all about mutual understandings.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2012
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.