Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,

i am starting the above course soon. i got my timetable and it says i have lessons in following subjects:

chemistry
    biology
    health
    sociology
    core
    practical

does anyone else here do this ? and also i called up one uni and they said any access course should be enough to apply for biomedical science which am planning to do.

anyone here do this course have more info ?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'm on an Access to Science course which includes the biology, chemistry and core modules that you have listed although each college/uni can teach different things within those modules.

I'm not finding my course hard but neither is it easy, I think the best way to describe it is a good challenge.

ReputationRep:
    many thanks

anyone else got experience with this course ?

ReputationRep:
    I did Access to Applied Science a few years ago, with modules in organic chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology etc. I'd left school over 15 years earlier, didn't do that well, did no GCSE chemistry, was kicked off A level Biology. But because the access course was needed to get me into uni, and because I found I really enjoyed the subjects, I did really well and passed all modules with a distinction. If you put the effort in it will show in your marks, and if you are stuck with anything see your tutors.

ReputationRep:
    I was doing this until last week, but got thrown off for having a c-section
    I have applied for bioscience and have dome loads of research into it. As longf as you do 2 coure science so biology and chemistry you will be fine. It also depends on what uni you apply for as to what grades they want. The UEA only wants a pass for the course, but Anglia Ruskin wants a merit, Lincoln want a distinction etc etc.
    My topics were, biology, chemistry, health and community (epidermiology) and study skills. I also was retaking my maths, english and science GCSEs as i onmly have D grades and all the unis want C grades now.

ReputationRep:
    'I was doing this until last week, but got thrown off for having a c-section' - as in a caesarian??? You were thrown off a course for that??!

ReputationRep:
    im gna apply for dis course for next year !!
    but afta dis course can i do pharmacy at university !!

ReputationRep:
    hiii

im doing a science access course to study pharmacy at university. I will be applying in a few days, biomedical science is a route i may have to take if i dont get into pharmacy. one of my friends got into biomed last year with an access course soo it can be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1chunk)
    hi guys,

i am starting the above course soon. i got my timetable and it says i have lessons in following subjects:

chemistry
    biology
    health
    sociology
    core
    practical

does anyone else here do this ? and also i called up one uni and they said any access course should be enough to apply for biomedical science which am planning to do.

anyone here do this course have more info ?

cheers

hi 1chunk i also did a Access to He course in Sciences a few years ago now and studied the following modules
    Chemistry
    Organic and InOrganic Chemistry
    Biology
    Physics
    Mathematics
    It
    Studyskills and Report Writing.

I think if u wish to do a science related degree you should be fine with those particualr science subjects you doing.I have been told i need to do further additional level 3 credits next year so thats what i plan to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifti999)
    hiii

im doing a science access course to study pharmacy at university. I will be applying in a few days, biomedical science is a route i may have to take if i dont get into pharmacy. one of my friends got into biomed last year with an access course soo it can be done.
    Hi, do you know if Aston Uni accepts this course because I am in Birmingham and I applied for access to science but the college tutors told me that I have to study all three sciences and if I want to do Biomedical I have to choose Access to biomedical science rather than access to science...I have no idea what to do?:confused::confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.