Turn on thread page Beta

I hate gyms with heaters watch

ReputationRep:
    OK, this was just a little thing which has started to irritate me immensely. I've been training at Fitness First for the past few days and I have noticed that the heaters are on in the cardio and weights section, like, always on! After realising how uncomfortable the heat was I went downstairs and asked if they could switch it off, the girl who works there is quite nice but she said she was unable to switch them off due to policy. However it ruined my day, I then noticed that most of the people coming to the gym were in hoodies and multiple layers of clothing as if they were getting ready for a trek in ******* Siberia, I was in my shorts and my tee and some seemed to give me strange looks, my mate even commented on the fact that I must be freezing.

I wonder though, why the **** do you need to wear a hoody in the gym? I for one usually take it as a sign that one is merely not working hard enough or is simply there to chat. Get the jumpers off and squat YOU LAZY *****!!!!

Rant Over.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Me too.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    lols...people who wear vests really annoy me...and designer gear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    lols...people who wear vests really annoy me...and designer gear.
    Why, in a lot of cases its a sign ones actually doing some work. I usually wear tank tops on my back days simply because most people simply wouldnt survive wearing a hoody doing that workout.

ReputationRep:
    dunno, just makes me think they are 'trying' to show off their arms..and its like :lolwut: when they have chicken legs and quarter squat.

ReputationRep:
    The heater thing really pissed me off in Oxford Uni powerlifting room. The room's about 4 metre square (ie. tiny), so it gets hot really quick. There was a few regular asian lads there, that always wore hoodies and insisted on turning the heater on.

As for vests - nothing wrong with them, provided your big enough to pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was at the local indoor track yesterday (outdoor one snowed over so I had to make the trek up to Edmonton) and I was sweating buckets after my session.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Yeah I was at the local indoor track yesterday (outdoor one snowed over so I had to make the trek up to Edmonton) and I was sweating buckets after my session.
    There's an indoor track in Edmonton?

No, heaters at my gym, it's good to see your own when training. I thought I'd rub that in to be mean:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    dunno, just makes me think they are 'trying' to show off their arms..and its like :lolwut: when they have chicken legs and quarter squat.
    Perhaps I have been spoiled, the majority of my training has taken place in metroflex a very hardcore bodybuilders gym in south london. Most there wear vests but most are also 240lbs+. There was actually a case where we forced these kids to do their squats properly because their form was so ******* appalling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)

No, heaters at my gym, it's good to see your own [penis] when training. I thought I'd rub that in to be mean:p:
    Wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Wow.

How can I see my own penis? I don't own a penis:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    How can I see my own penis? I don't own a penis:confused:
    It's k, you can share mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suffix)
    :rofl:

Good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suffix)

ASL?
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    The gym I go to has fans. The place feels colder than outside when you first go in there, nip on and everything. Soon warms up though. =]

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's annoying. If i'm just doing a workout at home it's not too bad, as I can do it without a top on and no heating on. Gym heating is a nightmare, especially in the winter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)

No, heaters at my gym, it's good to see your own when training. I thought I'd rub that in to be mean:p:
    Yeah at the Lee Valley Leisure Centre, a bus ride from the main station. Dwain Chambers is a regular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    OK, this was just a little thing which has started to irritate me immensely. I've been training at Fitness First for the past few days and I have noticed that the heaters are on in the cardio and weights section, like, always on! After realising how uncomfortable the heat was I went downstairs and asked if they could switch it off, the girl who works there is quite nice but she said she was unable to switch them off due to policy. However it ruined my day, I then noticed that most of the people coming to the gym were in hoodies and multiple layers of clothing as if they were getting ready for a trek in ******* Siberia, I was in my shorts and my tee and some seemed to give me strange looks, my mate even commented on the fact that I must be freezing.

I wonder though, why the **** do you need to wear a hoody in the gym? I for one usually take it as a sign that one is merely not working hard enough or is simply there to chat. Get the jumpers off and squat YOU LAZY *****!!!!

Rant Over.
    Hoodie = body heat, to warm up in. Sure if there stood there doing F.A, but if they are actually working and building a sweat, when what is the problem? With regards to the heaters, if they can't turn them off, man up and get on with it. You should have better things to worry about.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.