Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I hate gyms with heaters watch

ReputationRep:
    Wtf, how can people wear hoodies and jackets in the gym?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fear Nothing)
    Hoodie = body heat, to warm up in. Sure if there stood there doing F.A, but if they are actually working and building a sweat, when what is the problem? With regards to the heaters, if they can't turn them off, man up and get on with it. You should have better things to worry about.
    A pencilneck telling me to man up, that's all I need. The problem is, most people wearing hoodies are not building a sweat. Other than the bodybuilders gym I go to (which doesnt have a heater), I tend to notice I am the only one who sweats in Fitness First. A sufficient workout should mean that your body will insulate itself, nullifying the need for a jumper/hoody. Perhaps you're not working hard enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    A pencilneck telling me to man up, that's all I need. The problem is, most people wearing hoodies are not building a sweat. Other than the bodybuilders gym I go to (which doesnt have a heater), I tend to notice I am the only one who sweats in Fitness First. A sufficient workout should mean that your body will insulate itself, nullifying the need for a jumper/hoody. Perhaps you're not working hard enough.
    Do you know me? Mr "Pencil Neck" doesn't know you, so stop being a big girl and get off your high horse. I am saying a hoodie is fine to warm up in, not too keep snung in.

If they are sat there in a hoodie doing F.A, ye sure there a douche. If they are working out and doing it in a hoodie so what? What does it matter to you? Does it matter that much that people do it slightly differently?

ReputationRep:
    I find I'm a bit stronger when I'm hot so I wear a hoodie if the temperature would otherwise be comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    Dave Tate wears a hoodie.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    When i've warmed up at my gym i can see my own breath. Heaters would make me feel sick, don't like getting hot n training

ReputationRep:
    My gym has rediculous heating in winter, I nearly faint after every set even in a wifebeater.

Pisses me off, feel sorry for the cardio bunnies.

(Original post by cowsforsale)
    lols...people who wear vests really annoy me...and designer gear.
    I don't think vests are too bad, probably because I crack one out once in a while, saying that mind, I know where your coming from

Designer gear is worst, why on earth to people train in an expensive tight polo shirt, beyond me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Yeah at the Lee Valley Leisure Centre, a bus ride from the main station. Dwain Chambers is a regular.

Oh, I remember Lea Valley now. I used to go there for gymnastics when I was about seven. Haven't been down that way since the cinema got crap.

ReputationRep:
    Heaters are gash - if I can play mid winter rugby in only a rugby shirt and vest, then people can exercise in tees. The heating should never be turned on in a gym, after all people can always put thermals on to warm up, however it's impossible to warm down if your doing high intensity exercise.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Oh, I remember Lea Valley now. I used to go there for gymnastics when I was about seven. Haven't been down that way since the cinema got crap.
    The leisure centre's certainly improved since you were seven..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    The leisure centre's certainly improved since you were seven..
    Yeah, their website looks pretty good. I might pay it a visit when I'm back in London.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.