Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What on earth were Japan thinking with Pearl Harbor? watch

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:
    I've been to Pearl Habor. :cool:
    Amazing day out on holiday all the history and memorials and stuff there. Sad though.

ReputationRep:
    It was actually a very good idea, it had working in 1905 against the Russians. It was only the fact that the aircraft carriers were out that the yanks managed to regain the upper hand. If the aircraft carriers had have been in dock then there is a good chance that the island hopping stratagy could never have been done.

ReputationRep:
    After watching that film I personally wondered what on earth made them want to make such a film.

It's pretty awful.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ishii Shiro)
    Don't blame Japan, the USA and Russian tried to starve and freeze us to death with trade embargo.
    Skipping lightly over the reason for the embargos! Without the Japanese invasion of Manchuria and subsequent invasion of China, there wouldn't have been any embargos.

When do Japanese school text books say the war started?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko247)
    I am just watching the film now and I can't understand why Japan did such a thing? Surely it's like an ant attacking an eagle lol. What did they hope to achieve? And how could they be so unrealisitic?
    Pretty much the entire US carrier fleet was based at Pearl Harbour, take that out and you destroy half the US Navy's operational capability.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.