Turn on thread page Beta

I've never seen something written as true as this about nice guys... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Go on, tell us. I can promise you without any shadow of a doubt that this secret will not make you look worse than you already do.
    (Original post by Rick-Raith)
    But I gave both of them, an experience they had NEVER had before and both never had any clue that anything was my first time, well when i told them. And apart from the 'manipulating' one who was just wanting to have some fun, kept me there. Though she had every excuse to get me to go (both past our curfew). The other we had many wonderful times, and even after feeling bad about being with the other at a period between us, she still wanted to be with me, and still allowed me to do all sorts which she made a point of saying she would not normally do with anyone else... she also has many insecurities which bother her majorly, and she was 100% fine with me and her insecurities....
    Basically it seems that over a short period of just being my nice (psycho) self, that i have made one of them almost fall in lust or better/worse more than that with me. The other, if it was just for fun would have been more comfortable with me the next day, but she was still cool with me, but she seemed to make it a slight more awkward meaning something or other (especially since she hates long distance relationships)
    Who could ever have guessed that this 'secret' isn't his being a convicted serial-rapist, but rather, dangerously incoherent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Who could ever have guessed that this 'secret' isn't his being a convicted serial-rapist, but rather, dangerously incoherent.
    Ok, sorry if i have trouble communicating exactly what i want to say. But what i meant was...

People I have been with, who were my first times, both got extremely attached, one more so than the other.

So like loving is my power.

This is why i didn't want to mention it as
    1) everyone will think i am talking ****
    2) laugh cause they probably haven't ever heard of anything like this

oddly i know one other guy who appears to be like this but anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick-Raith)
    Ok, sorry if i have trouble communicating exactly what i want to say. But what i meant was...

People I have been with, who were my first times, both got extremely attached, one more so than the other.

So like loving is my power.

This is why i didn't want to mention it as
    1) everyone will think i am talking ****
    2) laugh cause they probably haven't ever heard of anything like this

oddly i know one other guy who appears to be like this but anyway
    You sound socially awkward mate, and people get attached all the time so it's better to be modest about it rather than making it sound like a super secret special power you have (and oddly out of the people you talk to, another guy has this special power, the two of you should join forces).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ......?)
    You sound socially awkward mate, and people get attached all the time so it's better to be modest about it rather than making it sound like a super secret special power you have (and oddly out of the people you talk to, another guy has this special power, the two of you should join forces).
    No where close to socially awkward, well not in my opinion, i fit in perfectly well. And i am talking about flings which seem to turn out more (though unable to have a proper relationship due to distances) but really doesn't matter, and i wasn't boasting, since i am not proud of it since it will be detrimental to me later on.
    And the other guy, though i haven't met him (yet), meeting him soon, but he is much older than me and at least can help me in some retrospect.

ReputationRep:
    The issues are quite simple, women want someone who can stand up for themselves and not someone who has low self esteem and someone who is confident in themselves seems more fun and they want someone that can get on with their friends and they can show their boyfriend off to and make friends just a little jealous.

I just have low self esteem and a little stuck with pseudo logic, I dont date because I dont want to be dated to be shown off or dated because the person likes me because I say have glasses, or am sweet etc so its catch 22.

I want to feel special so I dont wanted to be chosen because I tick some boxes on what the person looks for.

ReputationRep:
    I find it incredibly sad that so many people, presumably either at university or thinking of going, could read the post and yet not engage with it at all.

It's a facepalm moment, oh yes.

ReputationRep:
    Hes not talking about nice guys hes talking about desperate guys with issues.

ReputationRep:
    I've read that article before. While it makes some valid points, some of it comes across as bitter and/or overly critical. I didn't like the overall tone, really, and I seem to have endless experience with Nice Guys, so I know what they're getting at. A far better expressed take on the same topic can be found here: http://divalion.livejournal.com/163615.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    I find it incredibly sad that so many people, presumably either at university or thinking of going, could read the post and yet not engage with it at all.

It's a facepalm moment, oh yes.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But you still have time to write about it on TSR? I'm suprised. Why don't you go **** yourself you ****?
    Dont worry, thats just a stupid anon user doing a copy and paste. I have seen that "paragraph" 5 times on TSR and on other sites as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    :lol: Yes, OP, loving is your power. You're just irresistible to everyone. It couldn't possibly be that, like most people, you managed to find a couple of girls who find you attractive. You're a pussy magnet. Truly, it will be your downfall
    Nah, I have trouble pulling girls (though i tend to also shy away from certain people, i get put off really easily)... but so far with these two, give me a chance, and even if there isn't anything more sexual than kissing (though i count kissing as more of a sensual thing), i seem to be fine...

But it really will be, though hasn't been proven yet, haven't been with enough people yet. but anyway.

I am very much a "nice guy" but i fall into all categories under different perspectives... like i love pleasing women (which is a "nice guy" trait)... but the thing is I get pleased by pleasing them, they tend to have trouble pleasing me, even with something as simple as a massage, or something as crude as sex. My time with them is what pleasures me most. so you decide :P

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missimpossible)
    I've read that article before. While it makes some valid points, some of it comes across as bitter and/or overly critical. I didn't like the overall tone, really, and I seem to have endless experience with Nice Guys, so I know what they're getting at. A far better expressed take on the same topic can be found here: http://divalion.livejournal.com/163615.html
    That's a very good article. Nail on the head. The only problem is that it's left me wondering who I am?!

(Original post by missimpossible)

This this this this this (your post, and the article)

On the topic of Nice Guys - the worst thing for me, is they way that they treat girls like whores. Literally.

Nice Guy is the kind where you agree to go out for a meal (after his nagging - big mistake) he pays for the meal because he insists upon doing so (because he's a white knight). You finish.. it was a little awkward but not too bad - he then attempts to grope you.

It wasn't really called for - because someone socially competent would realise the date hadn't gone well enough for that - buutt, you can let him away with it - just a mistake.

When you "reject" his uncalled for groping, he then gets unreasonably mad, because he was expecting you to sleep with him.
    What WHAT? You have been putting this dude off every single time - you finally agree to date in a naive attempt to shake him off (like I said - mistake, it doesn't work with these guys) and he thinks that's the golden ticket.

He's not even ashamed - he'll tell you he was expecting something and how dare you be such a ***** for leading him on. He's been suuuch a good friend - you owe him! He paid for the meal - you owe him!

This is what gets me. He thinks he's got soo much respect for women but on the other hand he thinks because he paid for a meal, there's sexual obligation to be had. Whores are more expensive than a meal at a restaurant.

Ugh. Not all Nice Guys are as bad for that but Ugh. And there's always the "it's because you like that other dude/my friend/some *******" as though the only reason a girl would turn down a guy is because there was some other, more alpha, less "nice/unique/special/caring" guy who we were shallowly attracted to instead of him. No.

*rage*

ReputationRep:
    well thanks to this it means i am not a "nice guy"... since i don't expect to get them just for being nice... and i have actually had a few girls really leading me on, where they show interest in me so i ask them out since i like them... then they string it along for a while until i end it with them as i can't take their lying etc...

YAY I AM NOT A "NICE GUY"!!!

lol

ReputationRep:
    Very interesting, however I feel as though they should name these people something else than "nice guys", like wannabe-samaritans, instead.

On another note, that article was my ex-boyfriend down to the last period. Does this make me the heartless *****?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.