Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Male Fashion Trends Summer '10 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas or websites?

I've tried Googling and still having trouble finding good ideas...

I'm gonna be stocking up on summer gear soon and I want to be buying some good stuff...

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought a new wide deep cut t shirt that are apparently going to be big for the summer. I've worn it once and loads of girls liked it, but i'm not sure if i'll wear it again.:o:

ReputationRep:
    I think fashion week is this week. You can look at some galleries on here. These fashions will trickle down to be things more 'wearable'.

edit- i also recommend this website for some good inspiration.

ReputationRep:
    Fashions fade, style is eternal.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the above post.

Also, buy what you like. Don't buy stuff just because it's the 'in thing'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawIsBraw)
    Any ideas or websites?

I'm gonna be stocking up on summer gear soon and I want to be buying some good stuff...
    Army boots are going to be huge this summer.

Clothes aren't going to be tight but the casual, relaxed lethargic look with baggy fashionable clothes (not baggy jeans) will be in. Its not about having too many items of clothing but having key pieces that will carry you throughout summer and into winter. Hawaiin shirts? What a joke! Try bold print t-shirts and an expensive pair of sunglasses.

Don't follow the fashion designers - they are inspired by those people who are unique. Be unique and try a different angle, simple things like wearing different coloured laces and unbuttoning a cardigan or wearing or not wearing a tie. Shirts will be simplistic with simple touches such as bold buttons.

Be yourself... and purchase carefully please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ribeena)
    Army boots are going to be huge this summer.

Clothes aren't going to be tight but the casual, relaxed lethargic look with baggy fashionable clothes (not baggy jeans) will be in. Its not about having too many items of clothing but having key pieces that will carry you throughout summer and into winter. Hawaiin shirts? What a joke! Try bold print t-shirts and an expensive pair of sunglasses.

Don't follow the fashion designers - they are inspired by those people who are unique. Be unique and try a different angle, simple things like wearing different coloured laces and unbuttoning a cardigan or wearing or not wearing a tie. Shirts will be simplistic with simple touches such as bold buttons.

Be yourself... and purchase carefully please
    Staple. I only ever button cardigans when it's cold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawIsBraw)
    Any ideas or websites?

Yeah TSR is mostly fail when it comes to fashion advice :sadnod:

I started the same thread on lookbook where you're more likely to get helpful advice:
    http://forum.lookbook.nu/show/12981-...ing-Summer-2-1

:yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Yeah TSR is mostly fail when it comes to fashion advice :sadnod:

I started the same thread on lookbook where you're more likely to get helpful advice:
    http://forum.lookbook.nu/show/12981-...ing-Summer-2-1

:yy:

Haha, so true.

Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    Check shirts are going to stay i think and bright colours like turquoise will enter.

ReputationRep:
    If you actually wore what the fashion houses suggest you should, you'd probably be committed. I mean, honestly, ankle socks, trainers, shorts, a grey blazer and a purple shirt?!!

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling ray bans may come back,

wearing shoes with no socks as well may make a come back

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling ray bans may come back,

wearing shoes with no socks as well may make a come back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YL_LDN)
    Fashions fade, style is eternal.
    Very true, sometimes i seen someone wear what is basically in season yet it looks awkward on them yet i seen people wearing something like it came from a charity shop yet it looks great cos they have style and the pieces they have suit them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joneal)
    I think fashion week is this week. You can look at some galleries on here. These fashions will trickle down to be things more 'wearable'.

edit- i also recommend this website for some good inspiration.
    http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/fashion/trends/home.aspx - GQ updates their trends every month I think - but good call.

ReputationRep:
    just go on the websites of gucci EA dolce etc they have the cat walks

ReputationRep:
    just buy ralph lauren polo shirts tbh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.