Turn on thread page Beta

When does trying to look good become looking gay ? watch

Hey. Just wondering when girls think the line is crossed from a guy looking good to looking gay/womenly. I don't have a problem with girls atm, but some guys have had a pop at me for the way i look and dress so i'm guessing i'm nearly crossing the mark. Basically what sort of level are considered acceptable for low cut tops, fitted tops, accecories etc. Thanks for any serious responses.

ReputationRep:
    No to low cut tops. But fitted tops and accessories are fine.

ReputationRep:
    Don't wear pink.
    Don't wear ridiculously skinny jeans. I always get the urge to snap people's legs when I see them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey. Just wondering when girls think the line is crossed from a guy looking good to looking gay/womenly. I don't have a problem with girls atm, but some guys have had a pop at me for the way i look and dress so i'm guessing i'm nearly crossing the mark. Basically what sort of level are considered acceptable for low cut tops, fitted tops, accecories etc. Thanks for any serious responses.
    Depends on the girl who's rating you really...
    I like men looking groomed, but a LITTLE scruffy as well (i.e. not perfect hair, depending on the guy - some stubble).

Fitted tops are ok if you have the body.
    Absolutely no to low tops.
    Don't even consider tanning bed.
    Only pluck the middle of your eyebrows, unless they're very very thick.

ReputationRep:
    Crotchless trousers are a no.

ReputationRep:
    When you start making out with guys.

Men having bags that look too much like female handbags looks very gay in my opinion. Skinny jeans are also rather strange looking as are purple/pink clothing.

ReputationRep:
    Looking good and not getting any = gay. One of my mates dresses like a fag, but no one calls him one because he gets so much pussy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.