Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Avoid: Brixton, Elephant and Castle, Hackney, Bethnal Green, Acton, Northolt, Wembley, Cricklewood... I'm not going to name them all.

Good: Richmond, Ham, Kingston, Camdem, Hampstead, South Ealing off the top of my head.

Places like Kensington etc are ok, but expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Peckham is the safest place in London!

Avoid east unless greenwich or wharf, avoid harrow / wembley / brent, anywhere else is ok to live in but brixton, peckham, clapham, hounslow.

ReputationRep:
    St John's Wood is a nice area.

ReputationRep:
    South Kilburn is the one!

ReputationRep:
    Bethnal Green :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Bow...hell yeah.

Vauxhall :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardine92)
    YES. I live here But tbh I prefer Crouch End, or Finchley because of all its tube stations. I would personally hate to live somewhere like South Kensington, I want to be able to walk down the road to a shop, pay normal prices and not be pestered by tourists all the time. Not Mayfair, not Ponders End but some place in the middle and I'm happy.
    What a name. I was there the other day, it wasn't memorable. It made Edmonton look like Mayfair.

ReputationRep:
    upton park

I always like being in the West End.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Leyton is THE best!
    Eww

Anywhere West or North if you've got the money. Most places are great though (and easy to get to central), as long as you're not in a rough area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Magnificent KoloToure)
    Eww

Anywhere West or North if you've got the money. Most places are great though (and easy to get to central), as long as you're not in a rough area.
    Tbh no areas in London are really that rough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saoirse)
    Lol we're in Brixton at the minute and really like it this is only arising because the flats are supposedly going to be turned into something else in May.

Agree with everyone on the South Kensington front but its quite expensive. Fulham/ West Ken seem to be a lot cheaper, and my mother used to live in West Ken and it was nice and I've visited friends there and so on- but do they have some really rough areas in Fulham/West Ken?? Cause rental prices online are dramatically different from South Ken. BUT I guess pricing could just reflect the fashionable areas.

In an ideal world I'd like somewhere in Clapham or Battersea but you seem to get more bang for your buck in other areas.
    my girlfriend has just moved into a place in herne hill which is right next to brixton and is a nice area. maybe look there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Tbh no areas in London are really that rough.
    Parts of Leyton, Hackney, Newham, Stratford, Peckham, Haringey and Walthamstow definitely are. I've probably missed a few too.

But you're more or less right. As long as you're not dumb enough to go to certain places at night you'll be safe wherever you are.

ReputationRep:
    Houses of Parliament, Mayfair, Park Lane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Magnificent KoloToure)
    Parts of Leyton, Hackney, Newham, Stratford, Peckham, Haringey and Walthamstow definitely are. I've probably missed a few too.

But you're more or less right. As long as you're not dumb enough to go to certain places at night you'll be safe wherever you are.
    meh

ReputationRep:
    South West London. If I had a choice out of anywhere in London, it'll be Richmon. It's a beautiful place and well enough connected!
    I'll avoid Anerley, Peckham, Norwood, Selhurst, basically the south east it's a bit rough but not too bad. It depends what you look for in London to choose an area, as well as on your income and possibly background.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    brixton, peckham, lewisham.

chelsea-kensington-westminster area, greenwich.
    There's actually some really nice places in those areas mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    Vauxhall :proud:
    Probably the worst area. There's only one good thing there. And that's the mashed up club.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.