Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    Anywhere but Finchley, I could do without noisy student-types keeping me awake on their way back from the pub on a thursday night...
    I second this- I have friends there and the only good thing about it is that it's so easy to get out of -__-

(Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Probably the worst area. There's only one good thing there. And that's the mashed up club.
    You do realise there is more to a place than a club, good or bad.
    Anyway, I find it childish to make generalisations that an entire place is a, in your words, a 'bad area'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    You do realise there is more to a place than a club, good or bad.
    Anyway, I find it childish to make generalisations that an entire place is a, in your words, a 'bad area'!
    Yes I do realise that , obviously. You're forgetting I'm fifteen so my views of what a good or bad area are different. Maybe when I'm old enough , I'll take into consideration how far the shops are , crime rates , transport links and so on....

Yes I do realise that , obviously. You're forgetting I'm fifteen so my views of what a good or bad area are different. Maybe when I'm old enough , I'll take into consideration how far the shops are , crime rates , transport links and so on....
    Well I am not sure about the whole place, but I live in a nice neighbourhood.
    Also what is a 15 year old doing referring to the kind of club I am thinking of!! Naughty naughty!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I like the east end.

I would go Angel, Islington if your looking for pretty, pricey but close to a night life.

Shoreditch if you want a great arts scene. It can be dirty and edgy but that is part of the appeal. It's quite gentrified nowadays anyway.

If your looking for uber edgy, dirty warehouses parties and galleries think Hackney wick, or Stoke Newington.

Actually, in total honesty I really like Pimlico. I think I'd like to live there when I am older have more money. It's a really nice place.

(Original post by Cinematographic)
    Personally I like the east end.

I would go Angel, Islington if your looking for pretty, pricey but close to a night life.

Shoreditch if you want a great arts scene. It can be dirty and edgy but that is part of the appeal. It's quite gentrified nowadays anyway.

If your looking for uber edgy, dirty warehouses parties and galleries think Hackney wick, or Stoke Newington.
    I used to be like that, but I actually would really love to live in a quiet & scenic place. Gosh, I sound like my mum now!

ReputationRep:
    ggg

ReputationRep:
    Well I am not sure about the whole place, but I live in a nice neighbourhood.
    Also what is a 15 year old doing referring to the kind of club I am thinking of!! Naughty naughty!
    Ahh right cool. And loads of people do it. I look older than 15/16 so I can get into 16 + clubs.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right cool. And loads of people do it. I look older than 15/16 so I can get into 16 + clubs.
    hahaha - it's the zero_velocity sperm guy, HAHA. God i can't forget that thread you created all those months ago :rolleyes:

anyhow...nice parts of london: north/northwest london are the best :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosePetal)
    Ealing:yes: Also, if you go by the train not tube from Ealing Broadway to Paddington it only takes about 10 mins. West Ealing:love:
    West Ealing??? That place has turned into a poundland, although I do love the terrible sign over the "What she wants?" store.

Ealing is awesome though.

ReputationRep:
    South West London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    hahaha - it's the zero_velocity sperm guy, HAHA. God i can't forget that thread you created all those months ago :rolleyes:

anyhow...nice parts of london: north/northwest london are the best :cool:
    Lol I admit that thread was pretty funny , but it's only when I ****. It's liek I don't have enough grip or something.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I admit that thread was pretty funny , but it's only when I ****. It's liek I don't have enough grip or something.
    i came up with "more like zero velocity" :awesome: It's the best joke i've made on TSR :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i came up with "more like zero velocity" :awesome: It's the best joke i've made on TSR :rolleyes:
    Was it you aha. I thought it was minimum velocity lol , zero is better though.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be like that, but I actually would really love to live in a quiet & scenic place. Gosh, I sound like my mum now!
    Lol I actually empathise, I eventually moved down to quiet, pleasant Clapham. And couldn't be happier.

I don't like the gentrification and tourist trap Shoreditch in particular has turned into. The warning signs went up when they 'renovated' (read gutted the soul) of Spitisfields Market, and the opening of 'Tescos'. It's still in that respect not quite as bad as Camden. Yet.

Still, if your new to London and looking for fun neighbourhoods as a student you couldn't do much better than those areas.

I thought it was an 18+ club you dirty little minx! =]

Lol I actually empathise, I eventually moved down to quiet, pleasant Clapham. And couldn't be happier.

I don't like the gentrification and tourist trap Shoreditch in particular has turned into. The warning signs went up when they 'renovated' (read gutted the soul) of Spitisfields Market, and the opening of 'Tescos'. It's still in that respect not quite as bad as Camden. Yet.

Still, if your new to London and looking for fun neighbourhoods as a student you couldn't do much better than those areas.
    Clapham seems rather nice. Although, I am only familiar with the park and the shops/bars etc ... I went to the Blockbusters there recently =]

ReputationRep:

Eh I still think Shoreditch is a pretty ****** place, it's hardly like West London, nor a tourist trap, most tourists won't venture further past the Tower/City. The only reason I go there is because it has the closest decent clubs to me.

(Original post by ajp100688)
    Eh I still think Shoreditch is a pretty ****** place, it's hardly like West London, nor a tourist trap, most tourists won't venture further past the Tower/City. The only reason I go there is because it has the closest decent clubs to me.
    Where in London do you live? out of interest ...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.