Turn on thread page Beta

Who is helping haiti the most? watch

ReputationRep:
    what country do you think is giving haiti the most help right now???
    :woo:

The country known in the past for being a poor aid provider and is finally making up for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    The country known in the past for being a poor aid provider and is finally making up for it?
    the usa has always been a generous country throughout the 20th century :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GLS2010)
    what country do you think is giving haiti the most help right now???
    :woo:
    the country is somalia and i am a student e learn high school accounting

ReputationRep:
    Well, the whole international community are. It's great how people of other religions, culture, ethnicity, ALL come together. Makes me feel all warm and gooey inside. Shame it takes disasters to make us unite.

ReputationRep:
    The USA has given £61 million, the same as the World Bank. Britain £6.1 million, Australia £5.69 million then Norway with £3.4 million.

But this is nothing compared to the 30 rescue workers Portugal sent. Every little helps I suppose :cool:

ReputationRep:
    red cross is the speedest
    cus he is standby allways

(Original post by Louis1991)
    The USA has given £61 million, the same as the World Bank. Britain £6.1 million, Australia £5.69 million then Norway with £3.4 million.

But this is nothing compared to the 30 rescue workers Portugal sent. Every little helps I suppose :cool:
    Lol. £61million means a hell of a lot more than a few rescue workers. As George W Bush said the other day 'people want to send blankets and stuff... just give them your cash'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overground)
    Lol. £61million means a hell of a lot more than a few rescue workers. As George W Bush said the other day 'people want to send blankets and stuff... just give them your cash'.
    It was sarcasm if that wasn't clear :confused:

Unless they're so brilliant they're worth £2,000,000 each :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Senegal!

What was that re-patriation thing their President was talking about? I got distracted.

ReputationRep:
    The British public have already raised £15 million.

ReputationRep:
    America you know the evil country that kills everybody as liberals will say, funnily enough!!!

(Original post by Louis1991)
    It was sarcasm if that wasn't clear :confused:

Unless they're so brilliant they're worth £2,000,000 each :cool:
    Oh right, it wasn't clear at all, sarcasm often doesn't translate on the internet.

You highlighted a popular misconception about aid anyway, people like to send 'real' things like blankets and food and workers, whereas almost always you're far better of sending cash so the agencies on the ground can decide how best they can use the money.

ReputationRep:
    where are the bookies when you need them

(Original post by tom//)
    the usa has always been a generous country throughout the 20th century :confused: :confused:
    Not really compared to its size.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the point in sending money to Haiti, it's not exactly like there are any shops left to spend it in.

ReputationRep:
    The Canadian government has pledged to match Canadian's donations up to $50 million. So, potentially Canada will be donating $100 million. That's on top of the $555 million we gave in 2008.

ReputationRep:
    Edward Maya and DJ Tiesto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladies Man)
    I don't see the point in sending money to Haiti, it's not exactly like there are any shops left to spend it in.
    For the love of god please tell me you were joking?

If not then, i'm not even going to start writing a response, because that was the stupidest thing ever said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawIsBraw)
    For the love of god please tell me you were joking?

If not then, i'm not even going to start writing a response, because that was the stupidest thing ever said.
    I bet they won't keep any of the money and instead will go and steal the TVs, Games Consoles, whatever they want instead of trying to find a store to buy the stuff. They'd be pretty stupid to spend ages trying to find a store to buy stuff when they can steal it and probably not get put in prison.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.