Turn on thread page Beta

Who is helping haiti the most? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Not really compared to its size.
    their aid still outweighs any other. thanks to them europe managed to get back on their feet after ww2 and allowed us to give aid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right>Left)
    America you know the evil country that kills everybody as liberals will say, funnily enough!!!
    you do know Haiti is in the state it is (economics, government etc) thanks to America?

(Original post by tom//)
    their aid still outweighs any other. thanks to them europe managed to get back on their feet after ww2 and allowed us to give aid.
    Yeah a high percentage loan is exactly what aid is :confused:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladies Man)
    I bet they won't keep any of the money and instead will go and steal the TVs, Games Consoles, whatever they want instead of trying to find a store to buy the stuff. They'd be pretty stupid to spend ages trying to find a store to buy stuff when they can steal it and probably not get put in prison.
    Are you...an actual person? Or some kind of lab experiment gone horribly wrong

ReputationRep:
    IMHO, while the cash is useful for long-term recovery efforts, it's the boots on the ground that make the most difference.

To this end, I think that the US has been quite generous in diverting a carrier and an assault ship, both laden with helicopters and the assault ship with marines, to Haiti. That's going to help make a difference in the short-term and save lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    Are you...an actual person? Or some kind of lab experiment gone horribly wrong
    What? Do you not understand by intellectual abilities that enable me to see beyond what I'm told and realise Haitians have no use for money? Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right>Left)
    America you know the evil country that kills everybody as liberals will say, funnily enough!!!
    America has bombed 50 countries since World War II...

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I donated £10 to it the other day, which was the most I've donated to any cause.

Don't know why I bothered... all I got back was this postcard, "Wishing you were here".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladies Man)
    What? Do you not understand by intellectual abilities that enable me to see beyond what I'm told and realise Haitians have no use for money? Idiot.
    It's unlikely they're worrying about missing the latest episode of Lost or not being able to play Call of Duty, I was thinking the money might be spent on finding people places to sleep, rebuilding the country and keeping people alive. Just a thought

ReputationRep:
    No one really, they're all in the airport doing ******** while rotting corpses litter the street and people are desperately needing food and water.

ReputationRep:
    Haiti can help itself, just like Somalia and other ****** countries.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine Obama's popularity is going to go down even further now that he's spending so much money on Haiti when there are parts of America that are in horrible condition.

ReputationRep:
    Monetairly the USA, but then again they are neighbour and one of the richest countries in the world.

Senegal is offering to take in Haitian refugees (since many are of African slave descent) and give them fertile land and citizenship. If they keep to that promise, its a pretty good offer too considering Haiti is largely destroyed.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.