Turn on thread page Beta

Your "must have" vegetarian dish watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryold)
    I'd like to eat less meat and learn to cook some vegetarian food. What are your staple/favourite veggie dishes?

Thanks
    stuffed veggies in 'light' creamy sauce: you can actually stuff them with soft reduced fat cheese/ mushrooms & tomato stuffing. I ususally do it with peppers/ eggplants: delicious in the oven ! : enjoy

the food nework website is good for this kind of recipes

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to eat LESS meat?

ANYWAY

Jacket Potato with Cheese and Beans = Winner.

ReputationRep:
    I eat very little meat though am not officially a vegetarian YET. For me it's EASILY butternut squash (sometimes with pumpkin as well) risotto, with spinach, mushrooms and some form of tasty cheese. OH I could eat that forever.

ReputationRep:
    Take sweet potato, poke holes in sides with fork. Place in microwave for five minutes or so, until it has the consistency of a jacket potato (take it out and press on it to see). Eat with Philadelphia for rapid tasty meal.

ReputationRep:
    Noodles and tofu

ReputationRep:
    Brown rice, stir fried vegetables and chicken-style Quorn or tofu. I could eat it every day.

ReputationRep:
    Chilli paneer :coma:

ReputationRep:
    aloo paneer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    cauliflower cheese (or any type of gratin)
    YESSS please.

ReputationRep:
    Pesto Tortellini is yummy

also i like making Courgette and Cheese fritters they are yummy to....it's basically flour courgette cheese herbs and egg cooked like you would a pancake

ReputationRep:
    Vegi fajitas (Quorn chicken style chunks, fried/stir-fried with green pepper and white onion, with Discovery spicy mix, in wraps).

ReputationRep:
    I got a Thai pineapple and ginger noodle salad recipe online, it sounds odd, but it's seriously good. Easy, too. I love anything with noodles!

Also, any kind of African type stew is great - they usually contain a lot of pulses. I'm not a big fan of quorn and fake meats, I prefer to use natural foods, i.e. lots of fruit, veg and pulses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    Basil pesto with pasta, ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh yeah
    Pesto's not usually veggie, unfortunately Although most restaurants haven't realised this yet!

ReputationRep:
    Beans and cheese on toast.

ReputationRep:
    Mushroom risotto, spinach cannelloni, sushi, and pasta with the spiciest tomato sauce known to man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasharox)
    Pesto's not usually veggie, unfortunately Although most restaurants haven't realised this yet!
    Pardon? It's not usually vegan because of the cheese, obviously, but since when is it not veggie?? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Spinach and ricotta cannelloni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    Vegi fajitas (Quorn chicken style chunks, fried/stir-fried with green pepper and white onion, with Discovery spicy mix, in wraps).
    Oh my god. I want this now. SO hungry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Pardon? It's not usually vegan because of the cheese, obviously, but since when is it not veggie?? :eek:
    It's usually made with Italian hard cheese, such as Parmesan, which is unfortunately never ever veggie. It's made with animal rennet, and there aren't any widely available alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    my eyes have been opened to veggie moussaka. fookin' delish.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.