Turn on thread page Beta

My problem with my new fitness/diet plan. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    If you're losing that amount of weight that quickly it's very likely that you're not losing wholly fat (which is what you want). The rapid weight loss from what I can see is mainly due to a reduced carb intake, they require water to break them down, eliminate them from your diet and they give the illusion that you've lost large amounts of weight.

Your body is always breaking down toxins and excreting waste compounds, it doesn't stop or start when you eat healthy foods.

They're a business not a charity, while they operate a bit differently to most they're still out there to make a buck (ie; flogging lifestyle goods) on the back of their diet.
    It's certainly not an illusion. My cousin did this diet and has lost 75lbs.... that's 5 and a bit stone... and kept it off. She's healthy, and previous health problems have gone.

I didn't say that the breakdown of toxins started when you start eating healthy foods, however, when you don't put crap in your body it certainly forces your body to adjust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    If you're losing that much weight due to retaining less water, surely that just means you are dehydrating yourself? I'd expect more weight loss to start with, certainly, but the way she suggests that that's all part of the diet plan suggests to me that it's a crash diet.
    Not really, ACTUAL dehydration is only to do with salt levels, not just 'retaining less water'

but ye .. from the sounds of it - it's poor, has SOME good elements, but neglects others

also why MUST you have an apple? appleist !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rinascimento)
    As I said, after 2-3 weeks it slows down to 1-2 lbs per week.
    So, it's a crash diet followed by an acceptable one. That still isn't healthy. What is your daily food intake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    If you're losing that much weight due to retaining less water, surely that just means you are dehydrating yourself? I'd expect more weight loss to start with, certainly, but the way she suggests that that's all part of the diet plan suggests to me that it's a crash diet.
    I drink about 2-3 litres of water a day. I'm not dehydrated.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, exactly, so it is just because you are starving yourself.

ReputationRep:
    It's certainly not an illusion. My cousin did this diet and has lost 75lbs.... that's 5 and a bit stone... and kept it off. She's healthy, and previous health problems have gone.

I didn't say that the breakdown of toxins started when you start eating healthy foods, however, when you don't put crap in your body it certainly forces your body to adjust.

LMAO

look, if you are 75lbs+ overweight ANYTHING, like moving your ass, stop chain eating burgers will make a marked difference.

don't act as if losing 10lbs is the same process for the not so morbidly obese

ReputationRep:
    do you even know what means fool?

it's not just to do with water intake.

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast: 190g plain yogurt with 100g of berries and 2 tbsp of ground flax seed. I can have other things, but this is what I choose to have (i.e. egg and vegetables or cereal and milk)

Lunch: 125g of veggies with either: 75g cheese, 75g beans, 120 g poultry, 40g nuts or 120g fish.

Dinner: 135g of veggies with either: 130g meat, 220g yogurt, 130g fish, 85g beans, 130g poultry, or 2 eggs.

I have to have one apple a day on top of that, pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds and I can put my bread in any meal or divide it between them.

The vegetable weight does not include cucumber, celery or lettuce.

On top of that I can also have 40g of sweet potato and 40g of carrots.
    yes cabbage yoghurt sounds tasty and fulfilling :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast: 190g plain yogurt with 100g of berries and 2 tbsp of ground flax seed. I can have other things, but this is what I choose to have (i.e. egg and vegetables or cereal and milk)

Lunch: 125g of veggies with either: 75g cheese, 75g beans, 120 g poultry, 40g nuts or 120g fish.

Dinner: 135g of veggies with either: 130g meat, 220g yogurt, 130g fish, 85g beans, 130g poultry, or 2 eggs.

I have to have one apple a day on top of that, pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds and I can put my bread in any meal or divide it between them.

The vegetable weight does not include cucumber, celery or lettuce.

On top of that I can also have 40g of sweet potato and 40g of carrots.

Do you weigh everything for every meal? o.0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Do you weigh everything for every meal? o.0
    Yeahhhhh... lol. It's quite a bit of food tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhhhh... lol. It's quite a bit of food tbh.
    no it's not.

how much do u weigh?

thats not even 1000 cals

ReputationRep:
    It's over 1000 calories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    no it's not.

how much do u weigh?

thats not even 1000 cals
    13 stone, 7 lbs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big.Juicy.Orange.)
    did you know, that a coco pops bar actually has LESS calories than a special K bar?
    so your probs bettwe off having a coco pops bar instead
    crazy, isnt it?
    saying that, i cant remeber which has more sugar/fat/saturates..blah blah
    I remember hearing that on the Big Fat Diet Show Wow did that show open my eyes to the evilness of the diet industry :P

ReputationRep:
    you could have a decent meal that is healthy but quite large. maybe have some hot chocolote after because i always find that i am less likelly to binge on sugary drinks.

but i think that your 'stay away' policy is the BEST OPTION. once you start on a little bit of the junk food its IMPOSSIBLE to stop. like a vampire with blood. The cravings should stop after around 20 days or so, and junk food will actually start to smell and tast a little bit ****. also tell yourself about how terrible that stuff is for you and how you dont want to be a fatty therefore you dont want to eat it. its that simple.

good luck !

ReputationRep:
    It's over 1000 calories.

explain HOW exactly?

what did u eat say yday?

not ur options but what u chose - in full, we'll add it up
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I give up both chocolate and coca-cola/pepsi for Lent every year, and once the first week or so is out of the way, it tends to be fairly easy.

Unfortunately, one year my body got so used to it, I bought a biiiiiig chocolate cookie thing, and it made me almost sick to look at it!

ReputationRep:
    explain HOW exactly?

what did u eat say yday?

not ur options but what u chose - in full, we'll add it up
    ok, my yogurt (130 cals) and berries (75-100 cals) this morning with flax seeds (153 cals).

lunch: mixed green (?) salad with seeds (127 + 60 + 51 cals) , tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers (75-100 cals?) and steamed salmon fillet (250 cals) with herbs. Bread (80 cals) with olive oil (126 cals) and herbs toasted in the oven.

dinner: chicken breast (150 cals) with green beans, carrots, cauliflower (100 cals?) and an apple (95 cals) with cinnamon for dessert.

This is what I'm having today.

ReputationRep:
    ok, my yogurt (130 cals) and berries (75-100 cals) this morning with flax seeds (153 cals).

lunch: mixed green (?) salad with seeds (127 + 60 + 51 cals) , tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers (75-100 cals?) and steamed salmon fillet (250 cals) with herbs. Bread (80 cals) with olive oil (126 cals) and herbs toasted in the oven.

dinner: chicken breast (150 cals) with green beans, carrots, cauliflower (100 cals?) and an apple (95 cals) with cinnamon for dessert.

This is what I'm having today.
    =
    1522 cals

BUT i call ******** on some of them when did berries have 100 cals? unless ur eating a kilo

and cauliflower is mostly water.

i [or someone else i suspect] will investigate this further

ReputationRep:
    =
    1522 cals

BUT i call ******** on some of them when did berries have 100 cals? unless ur eating a kilo

and cauliflower is mostly water.

i [or someone else i suspect] will investigate this further
    It was an estimate. I checked everything else though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.