Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My problem with my new fitness/diet plan. watch

ReputationRep:
    It's ridiculous to think you will never drink coke or eat a chocolate bar again. You should never go on a short-term diet. If you want to lose weight and be healthier, do a long-term healthy eating programme with a sensible amount of excercise (i would call this 4ish times a week, not every morning). I think what you're doing is unrealistic for even bloody madonna and you'll buckle at some point. The key is 80%healthy 20%naughty. That way, you wont lose your mind and you wont feel like you're depriving yourself. Plus, who wants to go out with the girl who's picking at a salad? Some people are good all week and then have a 'day off' where they can eat whatever they want (obviously, with common sense) and it makes them work harder during the week knowing they can have a pizza or a slice of cake come the end of it. Or, eat your healthy food an occasionally allow yourself a treat. Lilt is a good, quite low-calorie fizzy drink. And it's not as hard as it seems to have one biscuit instead of 5 and it'll make you feel good about yourself having a certain degree of self control. Don't bother with the diet foods crap either, they're 9/10 not much lower in cals or fat and have so many dodgy additives its not even worth eating them. Just eat normally and that's healthily, but realistic; chocolate and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jose1989)
    It's ridiculous to think you will never drink coke or eat a chocolate bar again. You should never go on a short-term diet. If you want to lose weight and be healthier, do a long-term healthy eating programme with a sensible amount of excercise (i would call this 4ish times a week, not every morning). I think what you're doing is unrealistic for even bloody madonna and you'll buckle at some point. The key is 80%healthy 20%naughty. That way, you wont lose your mind and you wont feel like you're depriving yourself. Plus, who wants to go out with the girl who's picking at a salad? Some people are good all week and then have a 'day off' where they can eat whatever they want (obviously, with common sense) and it makes them work harder during the week knowing they can have a pizza or a slice of cake come the end of it. Or, eat your healthy food an occasionally allow yourself a treat. Lilt is a good, quite low-calorie fizzy drink. And it's not as hard as it seems to have one biscuit instead of 5 and it'll make you feel good about yourself having a certain degree of self control. Don't bother with the diet foods crap either, they're 9/10 not much lower in cals or fat and have so many dodgy additives its not even worth eating them. Just eat normally and that's healthily, but realistic; chocolate and all.
    I do have one cheat a week, and I also allow myself a diet coke or something during a meal if I'm craving it... not every day, but I don't deny myself that.

ReputationRep:
    You can't deny yourself chocolate or coke forever! If you have a craving for chocolate then have a few squares but eat them really slowly...ridiculously slowly, because then your brain thinks youve eaten more than you have but without all the extra calories.
    It sounds kinda silly and you certainly look silly doing it, but i chose not to start this new year with another diet. so instead, i havent changed what i usually eat (including chocolate and coke!) but have still lost 5lbs a week since january 1st.
    as for coke, they do coke with green tea extracts which tastes exactly the same as normal coke but its better for you. if i were you, i would only buy a small bottle, not the usual 2litre bottles, otherwise you'll be tempted to drink it all.
    well done for all the weight you've lost so far, you should be really proud of yourself!
    good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big.Juicy.Orange.)
    did you know, that a coco pops bar actually has LESS calories than a special K bar?
    so your probs bettwe off having a coco pops bar instead
    crazy, isnt it?
    saying that, i cant remeber which has more sugar/fat/saturates..blah blah
    (Original post by Iheartnerds)
    I remember hearing that on the Big Fat Diet Show Wow did that show open my eyes to the evilness of the diet industry :P
    ...and dust has even less, maybe we should all start eating dust? There is more to healthy eating than calorie content.

Secondly processed food should be soemthing you avoid, whether it's cocopops, special K, healthy choice, low fat, whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marlb105)
    you could have a decent meal that is healthy but quite large. maybe have some hot chocolote after because i always find that i am less likelly to binge on sugary drinks.

but i think that your 'stay away' policy is the BEST OPTION. once you start on a little bit of the junk food its IMPOSSIBLE to stop. like a vampire with blood. The cravings should stop after around 20 days or so, and junk food will actually start to smell and tast a little bit ****. also tell yourself about how terrible that stuff is for you and how you dont want to be a fatty therefore you dont want to eat it. its that simple.

good luck !
    Hey after wading through all of the other stuff I find this piece of amazing advice I'm definetly one of those people... If it means having just one chocolate bar it means walking down the chocolate aisle, and I won't just get one I'll get 5. I'm not just on this new diet for losing weight, but to learn how to eat healthily and to exercise well and already I can see the benefits, I have more energy , I don't get that half awake half nearly asleep feeling anymore, I just crave sugar, which I don't understand as I have yoghurt and fruits etc which have sugars in them. Suppose I'll learn !

ReputationRep:
    when i need something sweet i eat one of those pink and white waffers or a chewee bar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    Hey after wading through all of the other stuff I find this piece of amazing advice I'm definetly one of those people... If it means having just one chocolate bar it means walking down the chocolate aisle, and I won't just get one I'll get 5. I'm not just on this new diet for losing weight, but to learn how to eat healthily and to exercise well and already I can see the benefits, I have more energy , I don't get that half awake half nearly asleep feeling anymore, I just crave sugar, which I don't understand as I have yoghurt and fruits etc which have sugars in them. Suppose I'll learn !
    thanks i know exactly how you feel, i can tell you now in every diet i have messed up it always starts with- oh ill just have one. it doesnt work for me. i know how horrible it is to crave sugar and there is a theory that manufactors have got the 'formula' just right with the ratio of fat, sugar and salt that our bodys will crave, there is no food apart from junk food that will subside our cravings so you just need to wait for a bit for your body to 'forget'. i stopped eating junk food for good in the beginning of january and most of the time i dont even want any of that crap thats going to give me spots and cellutite.

though people seem to get funny with you if you wont eat the crap that they eat especially if its a birthday or something so a good rule is to tell yourself you will only eat cake and stuff when you are around people- that way you are not alienating your friends/family and you will feel too shameful to over indulge because people are watching you- if your anything like me :P if you leave it long enough then this little bit of cake or whatever is not going to make you spiral out of control and is not going to make you fat. sorry if im rambling!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.