Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Legal drug 'meow' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lly-legal.html

I know, I know it's the daily mail etc but what does everyone think about it? The girl who died was the best friend of a guy i know's little sister.

It's absolutely everywhere where I live, people seem mentally addicted to it and loads of them have lost SO much weight because they take it all the time, slight bonus I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Over rated.

ReputationRep:
    there was a good documentary i was watching on these drugs recently on bbc i think it was :holmes: they seem just as dangerous, if not more dangerous than illegal drugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babythestarsshinebright)
    loads of them have lost SO much weight because they take it all the time, slight bonus I guess.
    Yeah, apparently the crackhead diet also does wonders for your skin complexion :top:

Methylone is better, people are finally able to get hold of MDMA again anyway so it'll die down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Methylone is better, people are finally able to get hold of MDMA again anyway so it'll die down
    I guess so, but meow is so cheap! i hate it now though, never doing it again (probably)

ReputationRep:
    We should totally ban it. I mean everyone stops taking drugs when we ban them don't they? Everyone will get 'high on life' and hold hands.

ReputationRep:
    I guess so, but meow is so cheap! i hate it now though, never doing it again (probably)
    It's worrying that it takes the death of a friend to stop people taking such drugs. I don't mean that personally to you, but in general, the advice of the drugs advisers and researchers is ignored by so many people.

It's almost as if people think the government are banning it for their own benefit, rather than to protect us...

ReputationRep:
    I imagine most of those people died from mixing stimulants and relaxants. Who in there right mind would mix ketamine and an amphetamine derivative?

I wouldn't touch anything chemical nowadays. It is cut with all manner of crap. I've seen mates blowing out black chunks after using that stuff. Morons if you ask me.

Is a shame. Coke used to be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    It's worrying that it takes the death of a friend to stop people taking such drugs. I don't mean that personally to you, but in general, the advice of the drugs advisers and researchers is ignored by so many people.

It's almost as if people think the government are banning it for their own benefit, rather than to protect us...
    Yup, driving drug production into the hands of unscrupulous criminals is bound to keep us all safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehjonny)
    Yup, driving drug production into the hands of unscrupulous criminals is bound to keep us all safe.
    That's exactly what I need after the day I've had - sarcasm. See, not difficult for anyone, is it?

Seriously, if scientific evidence appears which shows it to be lethal, especially in such small doses, then it should be made illegal. Yeah, the black market does barely anything good for us, but think over a few points first:

* The problem with the black market is that it isn't controlled. The better solution would surely be to eradicate the existence of such networks.

* Illegality alone provides a deterrent to a lot of people, as quoted in the article.

* You think that the people dealing it as "garden fertiliser" aren't as dodgy as the people who'd be dealing it illegally are?

* Dealing would be made less public - you wouldn't as easily get away with selling it through a web-site.

The above assumes that it's proven to be harmful in even small amounts. And yeah, before we get into the whole alcohol/smoking debate - you can go through pints of the stuff before you even feel an effect, or at least before getting drunk, and definitely before it kills you.

ReputationRep:
    OMG why is everyone obsessed with MMCAT

I'd rather stick to the old classics like mdma or cannabis than try these 'legal highs' that have never been tested, but I'm a cautious person like that.

As soon as a drugs panel that I trust (i.e. a non governmental one) researches anything scientifically I'll trust what they say though.

ReputationRep:
    its ****, not a particularly nice high imo, and it made me sleep walk and end up starting fights with my neighbours when sleepwalking (serious)

and no one kows the long term effects like they do with mdma, I know people caining it every weekend, some gone on week long binges with no sleep, wtf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    its ****, not a particularly nice high imo, and it made me sleep walk and end up starting fights with my neighbours when sleepwalking (serious)

and no one kows the long term effects like they do with mdma, I know people caining it every weekend, some gone on week long binges with no sleep, wtf
    Fedor Emelianenko will take out any mofos, love that guy

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lly-legal.html

I know, I know it's the daily mail etc but what does everyone think about it? The girl who died was the best friend of a guy i know's little sister.

It's absolutely everywhere where I live, people seem mentally addicted to it and loads of them have lost SO much weight because they take it all the time, slight bonus I guess.

yeahh definately a drug that could take over your life! scary! i do it but try to be sensible. I know people who are in some serious trouble with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    * Dealing would be made less public - you wouldn't as easily get away with selling it through a web-site.
    Yes you could, it's still legal in other countries and can just be sent via the postal system from outside the UK. My friend still gets his magic mushrooms this way by buying them from abroad off of websites. So far all of the packages he's ordered have arrived.

Most of the websites selling drugs aren't based in the UK and thus aren't subject to our laws, the government has no powers to shut them down. They can continue to send stuff from outside the UK and chances are the vast majority of the time they'll get through.

ReputationRep:
    Worst popular drug around at the moment (even worse than alcohol). Expect there to be many more deaths after it gets classified. I'd imagine that Methylone by comparison is safer considering it's a beta ketone version of MDMA though don't take my word on that. A different version of Mephedrone called Methedrone has been appearing around europe, rather than being 4-mmc which mephedrone is it's bk-PMMA. Which is a beta ketone version of PMA, a "legal" drug that appeared as an ecstacy replacement in the late 90's I think and turned out to be lethal at certain doses, e.g. two mdma cut pills would be an average dose I guess compared to two PMA cut pills which could kill you. Methedrone has also been attributed to two deaths in sweden; WHERE believe it or not Mephedrone was banned and the even more dangerous bk-PMMA methedrone has appeared around, you can be sure this will happen here too.

Im just glad that at the moment a massive mdma wave has just come in, I managed to convert some of my friends from the dark side though many people still prefer Mephedrone considering they can get it for £10 - 15 a gram compared to good mdma which is going for four times that at the moment. Hopefully it will outlast Mephedrone in terms of availability. the Meph high is terrible, theres half an hour maybe of unbelieveable confidence which more or less drains out into depression unless you keep on bumping up. And considering that's what it's like in it's "pure" state, imagine how bad a drug it's going to be once it starts being cut to less than 50%. Most of the negative effects caused by MDMA and Cocaine are from the adulterant's they're cut with, I can vouch for that.. unadultarated MDMA has never once given me a come down, and the next day I feel fine (despite being a little embarassed about things I may or may not have said or done in retrospective). Unadulterated Cocaine is non-exsistant in this country though at import quality it has a fraction of the negative effects that it does from street level (5% - 30% purity)

The only way I could think of for dealing with this problem would be regulation of MDx compounds. If the Government handled drugs properly rather than labling everyone who uses them as criminals there'd be a fraction the amount of deaths from pretty much every drug that's currently illegal. I hate to think how many more deaths there'd be every year from alcohol if it were a Class A drug too.

ReputationRep:
    Its a scrubber drug, its dirty, it ***** ur insides up and has allready had to people from my town sectioned. Definatly not one il eva be doin and iv been a wreck ed for 10yr and tried almost everything! Knobody knos fuk all bout this research chemical or any of the others they are taking. 4-MMC is the family its from, there is meph, meth n MCAT they are all the same compounds just slightly changed, they are definatly not made for human consumption and are going to be made illegal shortly. Im sticking to my ck mixes at least i kno the dangers i can make my own choices. People should think better of themselves to just put crazy chemicals up there nose even ket is pushin it a bit. Drugs are never guna be what they used to be and this goverment is just ****** up everybody by makin it hard to get real drugs so people are forced on to buying them online, then wen they make this illegal there will be another one and the way on drugs wil never eva get won. Give people a choice in life bring bac the real mdma that doctors n shrinks used in the olden days, loved up t death for hours n no comedown. Better still stick to weed u cant go wrong with that. Neva a bad thing proved about it, the most natural thing in the world with the help of some fancy lights n **** lol! It Seems like this world is gettin out of control knobody can seem t have a good time without drugs what happened t people buzzin of tha mates n tunz. x

ReputationRep:
    People should be allowed to take whatever they want.

This sounds ****. Rather stick to alcohol/weed/shrooms/MDMA/acid blabla.

ReputationRep:
    Very alarmed at how casual young people are towards drugs these days.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.