Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Whats the quickest way to *lose* weight? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Apart from starving and doing loads of exercise(since I couldnt live without tasty food lol)

Trying to lose 2 stone to feel ok but still be fat, 4 stone to be fat but to be where the upper end of my BMI says I should be and 6 stone to get back to the level I was at 4 years ago when I was thin and happy(and didnt feel crap all the time)

What are the quickest methods? I can handle about an hour a day at the gym on treadmills and bikes though its like torture and can change soft drinks to diluting juice but that works slowwwww.

I want to lose a lot quickly i.e 2-3 stone a month.

ReputationRep:
    Chop off a limb.

Other than that man up and read some **** on the fitness forum bruh.

ReputationRep:
    1lb a week

y did u let yrself get fat

ReputationRep:
    go on atkins, it works the fastest and you still get to eat quite a lot of food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarfaced)
    1lb a week

y did u let yrself get fat
    I dont know, I have always been broad/bulky but generally thin, my weight used to be about 12 stone 4 till 4 years ago in fact often lower and now im 26 and a bit and fat but I do reckon the main reason is my brothers fiance was murdered just about 2 weeks before my 21st birthday and there was massive court cases and I had to deal with a suicidal brother who lost everything, his girlfriend, his daughter(as she was taken into care until the real suspect was found) then got attacked on the street various times etc etc.

That and I think natural processes as it was when I was 22 and a half that I started gaining weight fast despite walking to work most days 30-45 minutes up a steep hill, then back but not wanting to eat much.

Or that I started taking laxatives to try and lose weight but just messed up.

I do eat a bigish amount but more stuff that is fatty and junk rather than stuffing my face, today I ate a pork chow mein and half a packet of big haribo and 2 small slices of 10 inch pizza, Friday ate a chicken tikka kebab and salad and a cheese and garlic naan, day before ate 2 pieces of haddock(small frozen ones) with some hp sauce and that was about it, day before ate 4 packs of chewits and 2 pieces of fish and had some butterscotch whip, day before was a chicken fillet burger and fries and 2 packs of chewits and a packet of noodles.

This makes it seem like I eat take aways a lot but I only eat them Friday and Saturday and only ate KFC on Thursday as had a voucher most of the time I live off stuff like ready meals.

ReputationRep:
    Work hard and play harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    I dont know, I have always been broad/bulky but generally thin, my weight used to be about 12 stone 4 till 4 years ago in fact often lower and now im 26 and a bit and fat but I do reckon the main reason is my brothers fiance was murdered just about 2 weeks before my 21st birthday and there was massive court cases and I had to deal with a suicidal brother who lost everything, his girlfriend, his daughter(as she was taken into care until the real suspect was found) then got attacked on the street various times etc etc.
    wow, thats not the type of typical story one expects to hear?

Who/why/what murder all about? If not being rude?

Oh are you a guy or a girl btw?

Nonetheless I offer you advice

And the main fact off being/getting fat is two things

1) over consumption of calories compared to what you expend daily

2) Over consumption of carbs

Carbs turn to sugar which in turn if in excess and not used for energy get stored as fat

Off course yo should not eat excess protein or fat either but

If you follow a diet where you eat say 50-80% fat and rest protein, aim for less than 50-20g carbs per day you will loose fat

Exercise is not even necessary as long as your total calorie intake is less than what you expend daily

However by doing exercise you can increase your metabolic rate and burn more calories...its up to you

however, you should not aim to lose lots of weight quickly as its not healthy at all unfotuntaley

So maybe initally losing a 2-3 pounds a week is acceptable, loosign 1b a week is safer and realistic...so dotn expect quick results except at expense of your health

As for diet try to get at least 100g protein and then at least 100g fat or more to make up calories

I would reduce your calories slowly over a few weeks and carbs to or you will get sugar cravings

Eating fish, vege, meat, eggs, olive oil is your best bet.....But off course it will take time for you to adapt and cut carb cravings

Its quite simple really

eat only small portions of meat and vege andfish and eggs for meals, drink plenty water or tea n osoft drinks or fruit juice or sugar

And if you like do some wightlifting or cario to increase metabolism and burn more energy

your only problem will be wanting to eat too much food and too much carbs

But its up to you...You can still eat tasty meals..no pizza..but a nice bit steak and salad and olive oil or salmon and salad

Or even an occasional fry up, or kebab and salad but no nan bread or burger no bun or chinese chickend stir fry no rice....etc..

ReputationRep:
    Apart from starving and doing loads of exercise(since I couldnt live without tasty food lol)

Trying to lose 2 stone to feel ok but still be fat, 4 stone to be fat but to be where the upper end of my BMI says I should be and 6 stone to get back to the level I was at 4 years ago when I was thin and happy(and didnt feel crap all the time)

What are the quickest methods? I can handle about an hour a day at the gym on treadmills and bikes though its like torture and can change soft drinks to diluting juice but that works slowwwww.

Ok well i have two solutions for you.

1) if you are interested in an easy eating plan (not even a diet) message me and i will send you a detailed plan... I personally lost around 10 kg so around 5 lb i think in two months and thats including going to hotels and having trouble sticking to it... i lost around 1-3 kg per week on average, sometimes i put on weight though...

2) I am a swimmer, and at the moment i think i have around 5-10% body fat. When you have fat it is the best way to lose it or at least look slimmer... longer distance swimming tons the muscles which may be hidden :P but it makes them smaller in a sense though still as strong, and you burn tons of calories and i keep my weight down to around 70 Kg so around 30-35 lb even though i do tons of cooking with chocolate etc so i eat tons and stay slim

ReputationRep:
    As for exericse I recommend you google HIIT and tabata these are more effective than steafy state broign cardio and can be done in 5-20mins rather than 1hour

Even heavy weightlifting program will increase metabolism or weights circuit can be done rather than hour long treadmill jogs, which are a crap option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick-Raith)
    Ok well i have two solutions for you.

1) if you are interested in an easy eating plan (not even a diet) message me and i will send you a detailed plan... I personally lost around 10 kg so around 5 lb i think in two months and thats including going to hotels and having trouble sticking to it... i lost around 1-3 kg per week on average, sometimes i put on weight though...

How :confused: ??

ReputationRep:
    See a professional nutritionist or a GP for official adivice, your current weight is probably very bad for your health so a GP would be happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a+n+a)
    How :confused: ??
    well my mum studied nutrition at varsity or somewhere...

but the eating plan goes like this...
    1st week vegies
    2nd week vegies + carbs
    3rd week vegies + protein
    4th week anything

Only thing is no second helpings... so if you can fit it on the plate without it piling up thats as much as you can have... for lunch you usually use a side plate as a portion size... and breakfast usually muesli, yogurt and your choice of fruits to add to taste and even honey if you'd like.

But send me a message and i will try give you as detailed of the plan as possible (but would have to talk to my mum about it)

ReputationRep:
    Apart from starving and doing loads of exercise(since I couldnt live without tasty food lol).
    Hmmm, not much Exercise, and "tasty food" Either start to be sensible, and sort your exercise routine out (everyday is stupid, 3/4 days a week) and deal with the fact that it's be fat, or cut some of your crap out.

You can't have your cake and eat it. Or rather in your case you should neither have the cake nor eat it.

ReputationRep:
    You won't succeed because you lack dedication and commitment.

"Apart from starving and doing loads of exercise(since I couldnt live without tasty food lol)"

That sums it all up. If you want to achieve results, you need to make sacrifices. Dieting is psychological.

I've lost almost 9 pounds in a month and now weigh about 9 and a half stone. I measure about 5'10 and a half.

ReputationRep:

Starving yourself won't help, in terms of losing fat + you will look like a zombie. Like others suggest and its a good idea, go on atkins diets and just do cardio 3/4 times a week, either on bicycle or treadmill for an hour, so 4 hours cardio a week. However if you suggest doing an hour, which my guess is when people start, they will, *at reasonable speed that is* e.g. 14 effort level. At your own pace, maintain what you can do, you won't look like a fool for going slow speed but you will look like a fool if you pant like a sweaty pig who is going to fall and faint.

All i know is, you say your going to do something about it and thats why i like to hear however can you do it? My friend asked me to help him get fit, well lets say he didn't last for at least two sessions, goes and consumes himself with alcohol. What can i say, i can't force him, just i knew he would be all talk.

ReputationRep:
    Contract dysentery.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hmm I'm doing the Alternate Day diet and I've lost 9lbs 5oz so far in 16 days (and am still eating takeaways).

Course you have to be prepared to make sacrifices in ANY diet you take on - mine is that every second day I'm bloody hungry.

I doubt you'll find a diet where you're losing 2-3 stone a month though, that's a little ridiculous to be honest, you should know that.

I'm vlogging my diet if you want to watch and learn more about it - link in my sig.

ReputationRep:
    I have actually researched this and found the following:

4 fastest ways to lose weight

1. Drink water (8 to 10 glasses a day)

2.Eat 5 times a day: 3 meals of a sensible size and 2 delicious low-calorie snacks. (The more you eat for breakfast, the less you have to eat at night)

3.Use weights (i.e exercise)

4.Use smaller plates

For more details, click here

List of low-calorie foods

Click here to see a more detailed list.

Vegetables low in calories.
    - Brussels sprouts.
    - Boiled potatoes.
    - Broccoli
    - Celery
    - Mushroom
    - Tomatoes.
    - Watercress.
    - Swede.
    - Red peppers.

Fruits low in calories.
    (when eaten fresh)

- Apricot
    - Melon
    - Chayote
    - Currants
    - Grapefruit (white, red, pink)

Meat and animal products low in calories.
    - Lean ham
    - Lower fat hot-dogs
    - Beef
    - Canadian bacon
    - Ground turkey
    - White eggs
    - Low fat cheese

~~~~~~Hope I Helped~~~~~~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babythestarsshinebright)
    go on atkins, it works the fastest and you still get to eat quite a lot of food
    I have to agree. The Atkins is one of the best diets ever! You get to eat loads, tasty food and it really really works. I know you are not meant to enjoy diets, but this one I did!

Good Luck :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Forget being able to still be lazy or eat what you want, you will HAVE to eat less, eat better and do lots of freaking excercise. NOTHING else will work in the long run, just man up and do it!

And 2-3 stone a month is ridiculous and dangerous. Better to take at least a year about it and do it healthily.

You can lose all the fat you want by stupid fad diets and slimfast shakes but in the end you are just starving yourself, your body isn't getting what it needs and at the end of it you will be in a terrible state. Do exercise, get your body fit and healthy like it should be, your fat will be replaced with muscle, it will be better for your heart and all general internal workings and the fitter you are the higher your metabolism is so you're way, way less likely to put weight back on at the end of it all. If you lose weight that quickly when you start to live normally again your body will overcompensate and you'll be back where you started.

Diet-wise, just cut down on the junk. Confine yourself to one take away a week, learn to cook and get some relatively healthy recipie books. Breakfast- cereal or yoghurt or toast, they are pretty much failsafe. Keep lunch small and have a snack in the mid afternoon then go for a good healthy dinner at the end of it. Don't totally deprive yourself but do the bad stuff in moderation, if you drink alcohol alot try and say you'll only do so once a week instead. Lots of fruit juice and water :yep: there is a TON of both healthy and very very tasty food out there, you just gotta expand your horizons and try new things out

Go to fitness forums for advice on exercise.
    For diet you could go for something like Weight Watchers or GI I suppose but just being sensible about what you eat should be plenty, poster above listed some generally good food advice :top:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.