Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whats the quickest way to *lose* weight? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick-Raith)
    Ok well i have two solutions for you.

1) if you are interested in an easy eating plan (not even a diet) message me and i will send you a detailed plan... I personally lost around 10 kg so around 5 lb i think in two months and thats including going to hotels and having trouble sticking to it... i lost around 1-3 kg per week on average, sometimes i put on weight though...

2) I am a swimmer, and at the moment i think i have around 5-10% body fat. When you have fat it is the best way to lose it or at least look slimmer... longer distance swimming tons the muscles which may be hidden :P but it makes them smaller in a sense though still as strong, and you burn tons of calories and i keep my weight down to around 70 Kg so around 30-35 lb even though i do tons of cooking with chocolate etc so i eat tons and stay slim
    Just to let you know, you have this round the wrong way. 10kg is aproximately 20lb and 70kg is about 140lb. I'm pretty sure you'd die before you reached 30-35lb, that's like 15kg lol

ReputationRep:
    Eat less, train harder.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    cut back the carbs

ReputationRep:
    eat good food, go into calorie deficit and run your arse off everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisterhood)
    Just to let you know, you have this round the wrong way. 10kg is aproximately 20lb and 70kg is about 140lb. I'm pretty sure you'd die before you reached 30-35lb, that's like 15kg lol
    haha yea, can't believe i actually got that the wrong way round :s and i am in add maths :P lol
    but yea i know the conversion is 2.2 lbs to 1 kg, just divided by mistake since i am used to dividing the lbs to understand it in kgs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babythestarsshinebright)
    go on atkins, it works the fastest and you still get to eat quite a lot of food
    Yeah and you get to die at the end

ReputationRep:
    the quickest way is to crash diet but that depends if you want to gain the weight back (and more) in the long run all whilst feeling too tired to function on a day to day basis.

Take it from me who, as an ex crash dieter (I lost 2 stone in 10 weeks once) is now being monitored to eat healthy by the NHS (because it got to a point that I weighed 15 stone purely from messing up my metabolism).

Eating healthy and exercising healthy is necessary. I learnt that the hard way.

But yeah, effective results happen over a long term period. I was 15 stone in June and I'm now 12.5, maybe a bit less

ReputationRep:
    Just have a normal diet. Don't eat too much junk and try to drink green tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick-Raith)
    1) if you are interested in an easy eating plan (not even a diet) message me and i will send you a detailed plan... I personally lost around 10 kg so around 5 lb i think in two months and thats including going to hotels and having trouble sticking to it... i lost around 1-3 kg per week on average, sometimes i put on weight though...
    Wow, you lost 10kg including going to hotels? Unbelievable!

2) I am a swimmer, and at the moment i think i have around 5-10% body fat. When you have fat it is the best way to lose it or at least look slimmer... longer distance swimming tons the muscles which may be hidden :P but it makes them smaller in a sense though still as strong, and you burn tons of calories and i keep my weight down to around 70 Kg so around 30-35 lb even though i do tons of cooking with chocolate etc so i eat tons and stay slim
    Haha.

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to lose weight pretty fast since you say that you are overweight. It's easier to lose what you have in excess. Change your diet drastically to something healthy and avoid snacks and go to the gym 4/5 times a week and the weight should drop of you It'll be hard to start of with but please, OP, I think you can do it :console:

ReputationRep:
    quickest way is to starve yourself.

best way is to change your diet so that you eat healthier, eat more fruit and veggies, and most importantly EXERCISE regularly...at least 3 times a week.

Avoid the starving yourself guys and girls - anorexia is not the right way about getting into shape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkeyy)
    I have actually researched this and found the following:

4 fastest ways to lose weight

1. Drink water (8 to 10 glasses a day)

2.Eat 5 times a day: 3 meals of a sensible size and 2 delicious low-calorie snacks. (The more you eat for breakfast, the less you have to eat at night)

3.Use weights (i.e exercise)

4.Use smaller plates

For more details, click here

List of low-calorie foods

Click here to see a more detailed list.

Vegetables low in calories.
    - Brussels sprouts.
    - Boiled potatoes.
    - Broccoli
    - Celery
    - Mushroom
    - Tomatoes.
    - Watercress.
    - Swede.
    - Red peppers.

Fruits low in calories.
    (when eaten fresh)

- Apricot
    - Melon
    - Chayote
    - Currants
    - Grapefruit (white, red, pink)

Meat and animal products low in calories.
    - Lean ham
    - Lower fat hot-dogs
    - Beef
    - Canadian bacon
    - Ground turkey
    - White eggs
    - Low fat cheese

~~~~~~Hope I Helped~~~~~~
    Vegetables low in calories? :lolwut: I didn't know that there were vegetables high in calories.

btw why aren't apples/oranges part of your "low calorie" fruit (whatever that means) list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    This makes it seem like I eat take aways a lot but I only eat them Friday and Saturday and only ate KFC on Thursday as had a voucher most of the time I live off stuff like ready meals.
    I'll put it this way - I don't eat ready-meals (full stop) and the last time I had any sort of takeaway was 3 months ago.

You're pissing money down the drain and shortening your life with every bite.

Replace the crap with good food, which has been mentioned earlier on in the thread. Low fat cheese for instance - I love it.

Whatever you do, don't stop eating food altogether. You'll sooner die than lose the amount of weight you want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemSevenV)
    I'll put it this way - I don't eat ready-meals (full stop) and the last time I had any sort of takeaway was 3 months ago.

You're pissing money down the drain and shortening your life with every bite.

Replace the crap with good food, which has been mentioned earlier on in the thread. Low fat cheese for instance - I love it.

Whatever you do, don't stop eating food altogether. You'll sooner die than lose the amount of weight you want to.
    I was generalising since I dont eat as near as much as it seems I do, I dont eat ready meals every day but I do eat a lot of carbs like pasta and noodles and get a takeaway at weekends or if im hungry during the day a cheese salad baguette during the day.

In my case eating "good" food alone isnt the case as I was catered in halls for 6 months nd lived off proper meals and still gained weight, also I spent about 6 months myself living off chicken breast and salads and stuff and gained weight. I really love eating fruits and salads but they dont fill me up, I could eat plates of the stuff!

And I do go to the gym but it varies on what time I have free, when I do go which seems to be 1 night one week, 3 nights the next I spend over a hour on treadmill and bikes and weights which I love.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.