Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys basically just want to get into your heads for a second.

Following on from my cheerfully entitled threads "The Worst University Experience" and "No one to get a house with next year and S**TING IT!", I am going to put an ad in on an accommodation board to try and find a house/housemates.

HOWEVER I genuinley really really like male company, all my friends at home are blokes, and I am a wee bit of a tomboy, just havent met any guys at my predominately female uni. I think Ive been unhappy partly due to lack of male company. Living in an all-male or predominantly male household is a must for me.

I genuinely dont have 'girl-who-has-to-be-the-only-girl' syndrome, I just like blokes, and Im up for a laugh and just want some fun and chilled out housemates like me!

SO the question I am asking you is, how do I express all this in 1 line in an ad, without first sounding like a 'floozy' as they said back in the day (e.g. "girl who wants some fun", "girl who only wants to live with boys", "looking for all-male household" etc etc all give completely the wrong impression in my opinion!!) , and secondly trying to convey that I want a fun house/ Im up for a laugh or whatever.

also, would a bunch of lads even WANT this random girl coming along? I wouldnt mind a couple of girls in there either just as long as its more male than female.

Thanks if you can help me. Bottom line question is:

HOW WOULD YOU PHRASE MY AD IN ONE LINE?

ReputationRep:
    you expect us to read that essay at this time? you having a laugh? mushy fag end.

ReputationRep:
    It would be tough to state that you would prefer male housemates outright. Saying something like 'male and female applicants welcome'. I don't see a way in which you could single out the male sex without getting the sleazy men flocking to your door. Sad but probably true.

ReputationRep:
    Just put a normal ad up and then when you look at the houses check for signs of men, such as men being there, and then choose the house with the best people .

ReputationRep:
    Simply say that you are lesbian, this is a genius idea because:
    -it will scare most girls off
    -it will attract guys, but at the same time they will realize straight away that there is no chance they will **** you.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

ReputationRep:
    advertise at primarily male dominated areas Sports events etc. to reach the demographic (male) that you want.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys cheers for the advice hopefully Ill get a bit more xx

ReputationRep:
    "EXCELLENT COOK THAT IS LOOKING FOR FELLOW COD GAMERS."

That should help...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.