Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bench Press - Which is better? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick-Raith)
    ok, but you can build muscle strength while not getting the muscle to show as well as building the muscle itself and getting it to show.

ie you can be strong with big muscles but not really showing
    ie you can still gain muscle and be able to get it to show.
    Yes and this is caused by the amount of fat you have, which is what I said in the first place and what you argued against (though your "argument" has changed many times since then). Making your muscle "show" is not about doing exercises that increase "muscle definition", because there is no such thing, it is about REDUCING THE AMOUNT OF FAT COVERING THEM. Which brings me back to my initial statement that muscle definition is JUST BODYFAT RATIO.

at the moment i am arguing lemons and everyone else is arguing apples, but the actual argument is cherries...
    Err. No.

The OP isn't only asking for what weight is best... or what rep is best... but it is asking whether a 40 kg weight at 3x10 is better or worse than 60 Kg 2x5.
    Erm, yes, which is a matter of REP RANGE. CLEARLY he's not going to ask whether doing more of the SAME weight is better or worse. This thread is entirely about rep ranges. Even if this stupid sentence you've just posted made any sense, what would it prove? Nothing, because it has nothing to do with the **** you're spouting.

I have been arguing the type of exercise which still refers to rep, everyone has been also arguing rep but differently. no-one has really told the OP which is best... if you guys know what is going on then tell the OP whether;
    40 Kg 3x10 or
    60 Kg 2x5 is better.
    Again, not related to the ******** you're talking.

I am off, and am tired of arguing a pointless argument. But at least answer the rep with an answer which actually HAS got what he want... like a yes/no question, with no other option... where everyone has given an "other"
    "Other" is better than yes or no when neither are correct, especially when you justify your yes or no with complete ****.

Christ you're infuriating.

ReputationRep:
    This is incredible, even by the lofty Fitness Forum standards.

Benching 40x10 will not make you grow and neither will benching 60x5.

Taking your bench from 40x10 to 100x10 WILL make you grow, and so will taking your bench from 60x5 to 120x5.

Amazing! Progression makes you grow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)

Taking your bench from 40x10 to 100x10 WILL make you grow, and so will taking your bench from 60x5 to 120x5.

If I take steroids for 3x10 @ 60kg today, how much tone will I have to squat before Adonis paragraphs properly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    If I take steroids for 3x10 @ 60kg today, how much tone will I have to squat before Adonis paragraphs properly?
    It depends - how many times a week do you swim?

ReputationRep:
    Only over 9000, but I do 500 reps of bicep curls at 1.25kg afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    this post was worth the whole thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metropolis)
    this post was worth the whole thread
    Totally

To endless this pointless arguement, resistance training, as long as you increase the weight till failures you will grow but don't always go failure, bad for cns.

End.

ReputationRep:
    why did my post get deleted heavy squats will improve your bench...because your deadlift will increase too?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for actually trying to answer the OP's question with an answer he was asking for. I might be wrong but at least ell the guy which is better for gaining muscle
    >> a 3x10 rep with a 40 Kg weight?
    OR
    >> a 2x5 rep with a 60 Kg weight?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for actually trying to answer the OP's question with an answer he was asking for. I might be wrong but at least ell the guy which is better for gaining muscle
    OR
    I answered the question you dingleberry.

ReputationRep:
    that helps alot more. but i am finished on this thread lol

ReputationRep:
    Proper ******* belly laugh!

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely lost.

ReputationRep:
    you dont need anything but squats. you pussy

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Not everyone disagrees with the OP.

ReputationRep:
    OR
    Wow, you really are a tool!

Your arguing with a bodybuilder about how best to gain muscle mass, sorry bub, that is thier forte - even I don't go doing that with them.

Then you have several guys pointing out your argument is as full of holes as swiss cheese.

I am a competatvie strength athelete, so i know all about what is best to develop ballistic and static strength in muscles, and your talking ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    x
    OT but I was wondering how tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    OT but I was wondering how tall are you?
    6ft 1

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.