Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is for the new spec btw not legacy...new spec.
    s anyone else doing this exam on Friday 29th of January??
    If so has anyone got any ideas of what's gonna come up or any revision resources??

ReputationRep:
    I think Nature of God is definitely going to come up in tomorrow's exam as it is new for this year's A2. I have gone over all topics except life after death as there is just so much to learn!
    OCR also usually use questions similar to that on the specimen paper so I have been focusing my revision on the questions:

1 Evaluate the claim that corporate religious experience is no more than an illusion. [35]

2 Critically assess Dawkins claim that since life is no more that DNA reproducing itself there can be no life after death. [35]

3 ‘If God knows what we are going to do he has no right to reward the good and punish the wicked.’ Discuss. [35]

4 Critically compare the use of symbol with the use of analogy to express human understanding of God.

Anybody else got any ideas what is likely to come up? I really hope that Religious Experience, Religious Language or scripture comes up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jukeboxjunkie08)
    I think Nature of God is definitely going to come up in tomorrow's exam as it is new for this year's A2. I have gone over all topics except life after death as there is just so much to learn!
    OCR also usually use questions similar to that on the specimen paper so I have been focusing my revision on the questions:

1 Evaluate the claim that corporate religious experience is no more than an illusion. [35]

2 Critically assess Dawkins claim that since life is no more that DNA reproducing itself there can be no life after death. [35]

3 ‘If God knows what we are going to do he has no right to reward the good and punish the wicked.’ Discuss. [35]

4 Critically compare the use of symbol with the use of analogy to express human understanding of God.

Anybody else got any ideas what is likely to come up? I really hope that Religious Experience, Religious Language or scripture comes up!
    heyy, how did you find the exam?,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jukeboxjunkie08)

how did u find it???????????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deen_123)
    how did u find it???????????????????
    I thought that it was a very fair exam, no surprises came up and if you had done adequate revision and practice you should really score highly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chinedu40)
    I thought that it was a very fair exam, no surprises came up and if you had done adequate revision and practice you should really score highly
    I'm sitting this exam in June - whats sort of questions did they ask in it? And did you sit the ethics aswell? Thanks Alot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msw91)
    I'm sitting this exam in June - whats sort of questions did they ask in it? And did you sit the ethics aswell? Thanks Alot!
    Well the nature of God, miracles, life after death and religious language came up, so it's likely that religious experience will appear in June. I ddn't sit ethics bcuz that wud mean i'd have finished the course 5 months early lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chinedu40)
    Well the nature of God, miracles, life after death and religious language came up, so it's likely that religious experience will appear in June. I ddn't sit ethics bcuz that wud mean i'd have finished the course 5 months early lol
    Thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.