Turn on thread page Beta

I have no idea what is going on!!! (girls help) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i live on a french island, I can speak it well enough to get around etc, but can't have a seriously in depth conversation. But most people can understand english very well here anyway.

16, sporty, academic, nice guy, confident and can add more on...

Ok, this is the deal, I seem to be having an unnatural problem to getting a girlfriend here, no matter what happens i always turn out to be friends rather than more, and here very few friends become more than that lol.
    I know there cannot be a huge problem with me as when i meet people at hotels and make friends, they look good, are nice too etc, and i seem to have no problem trying to attract them, and i don't take a seriously different tactic than to what i usually do do.
    I go anywhere else in the world and the same thing happens as in the hotels, so it really just seems to be a problem here.

If anyone can offer advice or explain please do. Cause i am a type of guy who 'needs' someone, in the sense that oddly not many people know, but i love being with someone on a more emotional level than just as being friends

ReputationRep:
    It may be that the native people you meet there are more likely to stick to each other rather than date foreigners? Maybe their culture is quite traditional? you're only 16 though (sorry don't want to sound patronising) so you have plenty of time, and i'm sure it'll happen for you sooner or later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adiaphora)
    It may be that the native people you meet there are more likely to stick to each other rather than date foreigners? Maybe their culture is quite traditional? you're only 16 though (sorry don't want to sound patronising) so you have plenty of time, and i'm sure it'll happen for you sooner or later.
    haha, well tbh, there are many foreigners here, plus most people are french like france french. And i have been here for 11 nearly 12 years so basically a native :P

And i know i am still young, but it still is irritating that as much as i crave a relationship (though not trying too hard either) I cannot get one. i know it will happen at some point, since there have been a few people at the hotels i go to who seem to really like me... but they live in other countries therefor there is really nothing i can do longterm :s

ReputationRep:
    Try harder and next time you meet someone you like- make sure that they're true and welled informed of your intentions to become more than just friends.

Here nice and simple...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    Try harder and next time you meet someone you like- make sure that they're true and welled informed of your intentions to become more than just friends.

Here nice and simple...
    If they have no idea what my intentions are they must be idiots :P like i am not one of those womanisers who go all out to suck up to the girl, and i am not like the ***hole kinda guys who don't care what the girl thinks so they basically make there move right after meeting them, but most people know when i am interested in them since i barely talk to anyone else. I barely talk to friends, so they are the only that i talk to really

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.